About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Melli's Alphabet Challenge, S and T

For weeks now I've been running around with my camera, looking up, looking down, upside down, searching everywhere. I even looked in mirrors, and from all kinds of angles. People have been turning their heads at the sight of me, bending myself in the most awkward positions trying to find letters for Melli's ABC challenge.
I'm not sure if I'm brain damaged yet or not, no tests have been executed yet.
But the men in white coats have not yet come to fetch me either.
However, if I keep seeing photographing things that nobody else finds interesting, then I'll let you know.
I'll thank you for it Melli.
I'll thank you for that twist extra button in my brains, that clicks every time I see one.
Take last week for instance.


This was somebody's front door.

And this is the door latch at the beguinage.
But it looks like I already had this brain disorder an eye for alphabet letters in the past.
Because while I was browsing through my archives, I discovered these...

This one was from Crestet, when we were on holiday In France last year.
I might have been looking for dragons ;-) but I'm not sure.
(Click the link for a virtual tour of this pretty village in the South of France.)


And this one was taken on one of my walks in Antwerp last Summer.
A perfect T.

But the next one beats it all. I want drumrolls now


Not only is there an S, there is a T in there as well.
And not only that.
* Insert Space Odyssey grand finale paukes NOW!*
(for full effect click the link to hear the music before you scroll down)

because ....

IT HAS GOT U V, ..... W Y X AND Z AS WELL!!!

* Bows and leaves the stage*

Visit Melli to find more brain damaged players see more ABC challenge pictures.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the swirly wrought iron. Yes, it's a great photo, your last one, even if you weren't alphabet-seeking.

Gattina said...

Congratulations to your new blog ! I suppose it is replacing the "old" one. I first didn't notice because you have the same header, lol !
Your findings for S and T are super ! This time I participated too. Since two weeks I see letters everywhere so I thought I will also participate for the last times. When it started my best friend was slowly dying of cancer and I wasn't in a very creative mood.

Robin said...

I love all this old metal - it's got such a wonderful texture and feel to it, which you've captured beautifully.

(Gattina, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.)

Vicky said...

How lovely! Love the wrought iron and intricacy of it. And in addition to the last one having so many letters, I believe it has a "heart" as well :)

Anonymous said...

Impressive finds and beautiful shots!! wait: do you mean you are done?? can't miss the fun of the final weeks!!

Melli said...

ROFL! I'm not sure I'm seeing your W or your Z ... but I'll trust you that they are there!!! (you should have saved that one for the FINALE FINALE!) These are ALL wonderful - as usual - Jeintje!

Anonymous said...

You always have such pretty and interesting ones! I love them all! I don't see the W or Z either, in the last one, but I see lots of others. What a neat railing!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful finds. You are awesome this. And, don't tell Quilly, but I see all the letters in the last photo. Usually my abstract thinking doesn't allow me to do that LOL

Nessa said...

Spectacular pictures.

Terri said...

Ha ha! One more brain damaged player here! These are fantastic photos Jientje! Wonderful finds. So is that a wrap??? or will you still find UVWXYZ again?

Carletta said...

Good ones Jientje - the last one is very good!

Robynn's Ravings said...

You're not only LIKE a genius - I think you ARE one! PERFECT (soundtrack, too! lol)

Libby's Library said...

Darn That Robynn - she took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Christine said...

You can't quit now? You are almost to the real end. If worse comes to worse, you could keep posting that last photo and point our all the rest of the letters to those of us who can't see them all. Where is W?

Dr.John said...

The pictures were great and to the point but the commentary was even better.

Unknown said...

Outstanding.

Jientje said...

@ Leora: Wrought iron is great for alphabe challenges!
@Gattina: I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
@ Robin: I love textures.
@Vicky: You're right, there is a heart shape in it as well!
@Mar: Don't worry.
@Melli: You're right about the finale finale. I guess I got a little carried away. Will have to think of something else for the finale now!
@ BarbaraH: trust me, they're in there!
@Thom: I won't tell her.
@Nessa: thanks!
@ Terri: No, it's not a wrap.
@ Carletta: It turned out very nice, yes!
@ Robyn's Ravings: I'm glad you enjoyed the music as well!
@ Libby: LOL!
@ Christine: trust me.
@ Dr John: I'm glad you liked both!
@ Lou: Gee, thanks!

Susanne said...

Beautiful iron work! I love anything wrought iron. Great pics, Jientje!

Anonymous said...

@Jientje Mahalo I can sure tell you are a twitterer (If that's a word) By the way is there any way you can spell out how to pronounce your name and what does it mean in English? Sorry to be so dumb but you are my first Belgium (Belgian?) I have met and I'm thrilled :)

Becky said...

I love wrought iron too. Very nice pictures, you do it all so well!

Gattina said...

Just wanted to tell you that my cats never pose for me. A cat never does what you want, that you know, lol ! I just wait until I see that I could use this or that photo for a game. This time Rosie was just sitting there and her tail had an S form, so I snapped my camera and had my S !

Jientje said...

@ Susanne: Yes, so do I!
@ Thom: You clearly have not read the "about me"
on top of this blog huh?
@SassyDog: Not all, I'm sure!
@Gattina: Of course they don't, you're just a very clever photographer!

Anonymous said...

OOPS Busted...I didn't even think to look there...I'm going to say that I wasn't thinking right yesterday when I posted this cuz of all the traveling I had to do. Good excuse No? my bery briendly blogger brom belgium :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mum! Very nice pictures! Almost as nice as your cooking! Love, your daughter x

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed