About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday's Favourite Five


Oh my!! How time flies when you're having fun!
Friday already!
Time to look back on the good things from the week that has passed.
And a good week it was ...


1. I could eat outside on my patio for the very first time this season.
I was alone, but that did not matter. I prepared myself a nice salad with smoked salmon and I enjoyed it with a glass of white wine and some crunchy French baguette. Heavenly ...

2. Tulips: That same day I spoiled myself with a bouquet of pink tulips. Tulips are so pretty, I'm sure Susanne agrees! ;-)

3. Strawberries: Red, sweet and luscious ... The first strawberries of the season taste like no other!

4. Waffles: I mean, .... really? Need I say more?




5. Last but not least: Precious friendships.
I had a meeting with a blogger friend yesterday, and I'm meeting another one today.
Yeah! I'll be out AGAIN today!

Have to run now!! I'll visit you all back when I get home, okay?

Find more Fave Five's at Susanne's, at Living to tell the story.

21 comments:

Rita Loca said...

great five! The tulips are beautiful.

quilly said...

We had waffles today, too! One of OC's coworkers made waffle for his birthday breakfast -- in his office on the desk! It was pretty cool.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Jientje, I just LOVE it that you got everything all fixed up just for yourself and made it delicious and beautiful. I would never do that. But I SHOULD! How very special. It truly touches me. And the wine sounds wonderful. I believe I'll quit this blogging business for the night and have a glass. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful FFF. You are so creative and what you do with food is truly amazing. The tulips are my favorties...Have a fabulous friday

Unknown said...

Oh yes.
That sounds like a great time indeed :)
I love being outside, especially in Spring!
Waffles,...my waffle maker is in storage, sniff....
But I'm getting pretty good at muffins with my milk sour dough.

And have fun on your meeting!!

Melli said...

If your week was as good as it looks, and it sounds, you are a blessed lady indeed!

I have my new camera ... and gray skies and rain...

Susanne said...

LOL. I was going to say immediately that I agreed with the tulips and then you stated it. Ahhh, you guys are getting to know me so well. I absolutely agree! They are beautiful. I haven't got pink ones yet. I think they'll be on my next purchase tomorrow!

Waffles, strawberries, eating outside. Love all of those! We had strawberries this week too. With sour cream and brown sugar. Yummy!

Susanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mmmmmm. Yummy stuff!

Susanne said...

P.S. I'll go ahead and link your post so not to worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tulips and that waffle looks amazing!

Jerralea said...

You know, I'm beginning to believe that Heaven IS in Belgium! Or else you just take heavenly photos!

Pink tulips are my favorite. I bought myself some yellow, but I want pink, too!

Nessa said...

You are making me hungry again. You pictures are always so crisp and clear.

Libby's Library said...

Waffles with strawberries...smoked salmon.. and getting to meet blogging friends? I'm jealous!

Cherie said...

What a wonderful week, and those pictures make my mouth water! Mmmmmm .... Have fun with your friends. :)

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous photos! I agree about the strawberries -- those first ones of the season are the greatest. LOVE those tulips! I almost bought some pink ones earlier -- I wish I had.

Your meal on the patio sounds lovely. And meeting with friends -- what could be better?

Happy Easter!

Dr.John said...

I think seeing the Friday five is a great thinng. A great five they are.

Karyn said...

Great list! What a blessing to be able to eat outside!

Your photos are beautiful

Tink *~*~* said...

Mmmm, strawberries. We had an unexpected freeze here in Florida a few months back, and in order to save the strawberry crop, the farmers covered them in water, which froze over them. And the strawberries end up tasting sweeter after this happens!

Tink *~*~*
Critters on the Castle: Kaa

Unknown said...

Those waffles look sinfully delicious! And is that bunny made out of eggs?

Brenda said...

Those waffles with whip cream and everything look amazing! Your pictures always make the friday 5 more real. I love it.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive