About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Melli's Alphabet Challenge, W and X

Wednesday again, time for Melli's Alphabet challenge.
One more week to go after this one, we're doing W and X this week.
W was not that easy to find, or maybe I was not looking in the right places?
These are all from my last trip to Bruges again, but I only discovered that I had them when I was browsing through my archives!
It"s upside down, but it's a W !




And if you look well, there's one on the right side of this picture as well. It's on it's side in the green Buxus hedges? Had I known it was there, I would have composed the picture slightly different, but it's in there all right!
But what I did notice when I took the pictures, was the dragon bench!
It was already past the S week, but I snapped it anyway.
It's my bonus for Melli! ANOTHER DRAGON FOR MELLI!!
I miss chasing dragons, does it show?


As for X .... well, I had a ball!!
I found so many I had to make a collage ...


And now I'm off to Melli's!
Can't wait to see what the others will come up with!

26 comments:

quilly said...

Wow! All your Xs are X-raordinary! I spotted both of your Ws without having to be told, and that S dragon is just too cool!

You are our official overachiever.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Loved your W and X, nice meeting you

Blessings

bill

Robynn's Ravings said...

Well done!!

Thom said...

My Belgian Bombshell...wonderful W in the hedge. It's pefect And your X in the windmill...I tell you what these are all fantastic...The dragons are great as well. Your pictures are exquisite

Hootin Anni said...

I really like the hedge with the "W" that is TRULY a 'natural' part of the alphabet.

[as always, scroll below my Wordful Wednesday to view my letters]

VioletSky said...

I can tell how excited you were at these finds!!
The dragon benches are so cool.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are all so great! Love the W in the hedge! And those dragon benches are just too cool. I love all the Xs, too -- what a neat variety. I should have made a collage -- I found many more Xs than Ws as well.

Unknown said...

Don't the belltowers and the peaked roof make a 'W', as well?

Melli said...

Now the funny thing about your first W photo is that I didn't even NOTICE the upsidedown W until I read your words! I noticed the W that ISN'T there - the one created by the two turrets with the peak of the roof inbetween! And I like THAT W even MORE that the upsidedown W!!! LOL!

Could you just steal one of those benches and mail it to me? I'm sure they'd never miss JUST ONE... I LOVE them!

And windmills for X's! How LUCKY you are!!! They're all great!

Gattina said...

Great findings ! A windmill of course !! Never thought about that.
Mine are on Keyhole pictures. No cat tail this time !

Willow said...

I saw the W with the turrets too and like it!

The S dragons are great--love 'em!

Nessa said...

Beautiful photographs as always and excellent letters.

Libby's Library said...

I saw the W in the hedge, right away - brilliant!
And your X's are great!

Jientje said...

@ Quilly: There's another W in it, and I had not even seen it myself!
@ Bill: Nice meeting you too!
@ Robynn: thanks!
@ Thom: I love dragons, did you know that?
@ Hootin' Anni: yours are clever ones too!
@ Violet: I was!
@ BarbaraH: Lots of X's around, yes!
@ Lou: I would never have seen it, but now that you mention it, you're right!
@ Melli: I agree. It would look great on your porch!
@ Gattina: I would hope not!
@ Willow: I had not seen it until Lou told me!
@ Nessa: Thanks. You're great with words, and I prefer my camera!
@ Libby: I love windmills, does it show?

Melissa said...

Hello!

I just found your blog through Leora's blog.

I have to tell you, your blog is the prettiest blog I have ever seen. The photos are so lovely.

It's nice to meet you.

Melissa
Sunbonnet Cottage

Momisodes said...

I cannot tell you enough how gorgeous your landscapes are. I just love coming here to see glimpses of your world.

Very creative as always!

Gutsy Living said...

Made a Belize Buzz link to you today.

Janet said...

All wonderful finds. I had a hard time finding W, too!

Rita Loca said...

How very creative! Hello from Paraguay.

Unknown said...

You are just brilliant! You are almost done with the alphabet! And you have so many wonderful dragons over there!

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to see that you do indeed like Dragons ... Fandango will be proud :)

SandyCarlson said...

I love your finds!

Carletta said...

I agree with Melli - love the W formed with the turrets and the one in the hedge - a very natural one!
We have a windmill restaurant here but one arm was broken and I couldn't use it. :)
Lovely images as usual Jientje!

Jientje said...

@ Melissa: Hi Melissa, nice meeting you!
@ Sandy: I'm so glad you like it!
@ Gutsywriter: I'm coming over!
@ Janet: yes, W was not easy!
@ Jungle Mom: Nice meeting you too!
@ Lisa: I love dragons!
@ Thom: As I said, I love them!
@ Sandy : thanks!

Jientje said...

@ Carletta: Too bad for the windmill!

Dr.John said...

Great choices for w and x. I marvel at those of you who can see these things so easily.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive