About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Walk on ...


When you walk
Through a storm
Hold your head, up high
And don't be afraid, of the dark

'Coz at the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song
Of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed
And blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope, in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
Alone

Walk on, walk on

With hope in your hearts
You'll never walk,
alone




You'll Never Walk Alone
"
Introduced in the 1945 musical, Carousel
Music by Richard Rodgers
Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Jientje. It seems as though everyone is getting into the poems or a variation there of. Friendship is without a doubt key to one's happiness and fortunes. But on the other hand, sometimes one needs to walk alone just to get it together and re-energize. Shouldn't happen very often but we all need our space every now and then. This was beautiful.

Charlene Amsden said...

Oh I love the pictures you set to this song! Beautifully done on so many levels. You are one talented lady!

SandyCarlson said...

That's a wonderful sequence. The sign admonishing "silence" sets the tone for these sisters' walk. I bet they can tell us plenty about life, though!

Melli said...

I think this is my favorite series you've EVER done! I just LOVE them! Every one of them! And that song is just sO perfect for them too!

Libby's Library said...

I have to be honest...I was singing along with the words. Loved this set of photo's!
Maybe I could go into business with you and Bruno!

Robynn's Ravings said...

THIS was precious. I sang along and watched your musical pictorial. You certainly captured something very special. Nicely done. :)

Dr.John said...

WEll done indeed. I loved the pictures and song together.

Anonymous said...

This IS a wonderful post. I loved the photos and the lyrics. Thanks, Jientje.

I also love your new blog look. Great job!

Paz

Unknown said...

Such lovely ladies! I love the lyrics you matched up too!

Leora said...

These are wonderful! What are the nuns looking at when one is pointing down? And what do they speak about?

There is a song translated from Hebrew that goes like this:
"Don't walk in front of me I may not follow
Don't walk behind me I may not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend
Together we will walk in the ways of Hashem"
(Hashem=God)

Nice post.

Becky said...

Boy howdy, did I need this today! Thanks so much for this post, Jientje. I love those nuns more and more each time I see them! Perfect!

Maggie's Mind said...

I love, love, love this post. The pictures, the words, everything. Beautiful!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive