About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekly Winners, Don't Sit under the Appletree ...



Gorgeous Spring weather, blue skies,
and apple trees blossoming ...
a photographers' dream.
















Haspengouw is a region in Belgium famous for it's fruit producers.
I never had a chance to see the fruit trees in bloom, until last Sunday.



Find more Weekly Winners at Sarcastic Mom's.

29 comments:

quilly said...

I absolutely love the apple blossoms clinging to the spider web!

Christina | AmiExpat said...

Love all the blossoms, but my favorite is the gate. Great winners this week, Jientje!

Robin said...

Oh Jientje, how magical, especially that second shot. You are getting really really good with a camera!

Tara R. said...

The flower petals in the web is a wonderful shot. I really like the solitary gate too. Makes me want to know what it's story is.

upto6only said...

your shots are so beautiful.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great set. Too hard to pick a favorite.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my goodness these are all so beautiful. I feel as if I were there. So, so pretty. I love all the interest...like the petals in the web and the reflection in the puddle. Great set.

Leora said...

All beautiful. Love the cobwebby ones. The puddle is great. My favorite is the landscape with broken fence in the background and the slant to the clearer portrayed blossoms in the foreground.

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Such beauty! I love the blossom in the web, very clever and so beautiful :D

Melli said...

Oh, these are wOnderful - but my favorite is the top one! (yes the weed) With the church steeple just peeking over the top of all the fruit trees... I LOVE that!

Gattina said...

Wow ! beautiful shots, I feel just like home (hehehe) The 102 years old guy is really still a charmeur ! It's unbelievable ! He only complains that he sleeps to much, lol ! If I could be like him I also wished to live until 102 ! He has NO health problems !

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Beautiful! I love the petals in the web

Jan said...

These are outstanding shots. I'm afraid I couldn't pick a favorite, if I had to.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Oh my gosh, where do I start? I was keeping a mental list of the shots I liked best, but...oh my...so many good ones!!! Great collection - I have to say I loved them all!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Wow, how incredibly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your photography. You really have an eye for an interesting picture. Again, I would love to come visit Belgium (based on your wonderful photos). Wendy from the USA (grandparents came to the USA from Belgium).

Korie said...

These are really stunning photos!

Unknown said...

What a Great week you've had! I love the spider, petals, blooms, reflection, gate. . . .All of them! It's amazing how many birds in that one shot!!

Avril said...

Ah! Beautiful!! So pretty - all of them! Very hard to pick a favourite so I won't as they're all great!

Daisy said...

Oh my. These shots are absolutely gorgeous. And you have some wonderful landscapes. I don't think I could choose a favorite! Happy Sunday.

Weekly Winners 4/12-4/25
Thursday 13 - edition 4

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Much too beautiful for words, these pictures reminded me of when I lived in Nova Scotia during Apple Blossom Time.

Thank you for sharing.

Nik said...

I adore that second one! is that a tiny little bug flying into the frame?! That's my favorite part!

Ladynred said...

These are beautiful photos. love the spider web one!

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Wonderful photos, they're all so beautiful. I love all the flowers!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful and stunning. I want to visit Belgium now :). Excellent Jientje.

Robynn's Ravings said...

LOVED the orb weaver! And these pictures look exACTly like springime in the San Joaquin Valley of California. If you had no idea where they had come from you would never be able to tell the difference. Now THAT amazed me.

Gutsy Living said...

The clarity and artistic concept of your photos are amazing. I was stunned by the shack as it reminded me of Belize. Gorgeous with the petals in the web.

Susanne said...

Love the picture of the petals all stuck onto the spider's web. I've never seen that kind of pic before.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day and lots of beautiful subjects to photograph. Absolutely wonderful photos. I could look at them all day and never get tired.

Paz

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive