I know I know, I say that every week, but hey, can you believe it’s Friday again?
Another week that has whizzed by so fast I would probably forget I have ever lived it if it was not for this great meme! Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and I just love to participate each week.
A very busy week it has been, lots of good moments, let me share some of the highlights from this week today…
1. Sunday we had our little dinner party here at home. My friend Annie and I love to play in the kitchen, so we get together once each season to cook a gourmet meal. It was my turn to host the event, and we spent a couple of hours cooking and mixing and chopping and cutting in my kitchen together. And then in the evening, our husbands joined us at the table so the four of us could enjoy the fruits of our labor.
Go here to see more pictures of our culinary efforts.
2. Tuesday was a day off for most Belgians, as it was our National Independence Day.
There is a military parade in Brussels, and the members of the Royal family make their appearance, and there are fireworks here and there, but that about covers it.
It’s not huge like the fourth of July is in America. There is one tradition though. There has to be a huge shower on our National Day. ( Not that it does not rain on other days, but National Day would not be the same without it! )
People in Belgium call it “drache National”. The picture in the left corner might give you some idea of the impact of this year’s “blessing from above”.
3. A blogger meeting. Yes, another one. While at the other end of the world in Chicago the BlogHer blog convention opened it’s doors and
all some of the famous American Bloggers meet and get together in this huge event, I had a little blog meeting of my own.
I had a date with Gattina yesterday. She came to Antwerp and I showed her some of the little streets and some hidden little places there. We had a wonderful time together. I think I might tell you more about it tomorrow.
4. We went to my favorite coffee house in Antwerp and I had a delicious Vienna Cappuccino Coffee. It was topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with cinnamon. A heavenly combination. Yum.
5. Blog Positive. The brainchild of Jennifer’s twelve year old Diva Daughter.
I quote, straight from Jennifer’s blog Dust Bunny Hostage:
On July 31, 2009, I would be humbled and blessed
if you would participate in the day envisioned by Diva Daughter.
It would be an opportunity to show that young people
do indeed have a voice and that they can make a difference.
If you feel so inclined, grab the badge and post it on your sidebar.
Then on July 31, share the things in your life that are positive. Count your blessings. Tell us why you are thankful.
CHOOSE to "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative."
Isn’t that what we should do each day? Now I KNOW most of my readers already do that, and that’s why I am not afraid to ask you to grab the button, head over to Jennifer’s blog and tell her you’re in as well!
Let’s make this little lady’s dream a real blog blast, okay?
This does not mean I am going to skip Fave Five’s next week, I think I’ll combine the best of both worlds into one big positive post!
Well, that’s it for me today, go here if you want to read more Fave Five posts.
Or join in, it’s fun.