Another Friday, another Fave Five. And I’m not going to say how quickly time flies again this time. Uh-uh. I’m not. I.AM.NOT. I’m just …not.going.there. Sssshuush.
Nothing very BIG this week, but enough “good stuff” for another great Fave Five.
1. Last Sunday we had a street sale at my parent’s house. You know, kind of like a garage sale, except it’s not in your garage, and the whole street is involved. Like when you’re allowed to rent your own property for 3€ per meter… Hmmm…
I know. And then sell your stuff and try to earn your money back. Well I guess it was a good investment, I managed to sell some of my clutter. I’m not going to make a world tour with my earnings, but I did not expect that.
At least I got some of my closets cleared, and that’s not bad either.
2. Speaking of closets, I did some clothes cabinet organizing this week. Men’s department. Uh, yes! All the shirts are sorted out. Long sleeves, short sleeves, AND by color. Each shirt has it’s matching tie. Ready to go. Now why have I never thought of that before? Hmmm?
3. I got some free gifts and samples this week. I got a yellow Kalanchoe from the garden center because they wanted to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the remake of the store. And on top of that, we got 10% off! I don’t mind! Not at all!
And then I got some free skin care samples at the pharmacy. I love free samples. Don’t you?
4. Home made ice tea. I read a post about sun tea, and then Melli posted her own recipe for ice tea, and that made my fingers itch to make my own. So I took a nice glass jar, boiled some water, spooned a generous amount of wild cherry fruit tea in a paper tea bag, together with some slices of lemon and some sweetening and plunged it in the jug
all the while holding my breath my jug would not break. I let it cool down on my kitchen table, and put it in the fridge after that. When I came home, I poured it in a nice glass with some ice cubes and what I tasted was a wonderful fruity flavored yet very refreshing drink. Tastier than water, and no calories involved! Perfect!
Since I could not put it in the sun,
because it was raining again yesterday in this frog’s country! Forget I said that, it’s supposed to be Fave Five, but DUH! I think I’ll call it fridge tea. I love it.
5. I needed to travel to Antwerp to get some paperwork sorted out. Something I loathe doing, but by the time I left, the sky had cleared and the sun came out. So I grabbed my camera and hopped on the next bus. Only fifteen minutes to get to Antwerp, and I didn’t have to drive or look for a parking space! And it’s cheap!
So after the paperwork was done, I treated myself to a long photo walk. I walked for two hours, enjoyed the sun, found some unexpected hidden treasures AND I had a little bit of exercise, all in one go!
I told you …
Life is good!
Find other people’s Fave Five posts at Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story .