For this Friday’s Fave Five I want to share the surprise party our daughter Patsy threw for her husband’s forty first birthday. It was a complete success, because …
1. The birthday boy was completely flabbergasted! Patsy had managed to do all the preparations without him knowing or even suspecting a thing! She had sent him out of the house with some excuse he needed to help one of his friends and when he came back, the house was filled with guests, friends and family!
2. The weather gods were kind to us. Or was that me, playing the weather witch again? There had been some serious showers the previous day, and it rained all morning. ( pouring sounds more like it!) But two hours before the guests were due to arrive, the sky cleared, and the sun came out.
We were able to have the party outside until late in the
evening ummmm, night!
3. Everybody helped where they could. Before the party, there was Patsy, Carol the caterer, and me doing the preparations together. And when the party started, everybody gave a hand where they could. That spontaneous help was just wonderful.
Even when it came to washing the dishes, everything was being done with a little help from the friends!
4. Now, you did not think we would have a party without food, now did you? And I’m sure you did not expect me to write about it, and not make you drool, right? Look at that, the fruits of or joined efforts. There were all kinds of appetizers made by Carol but I have only few pictures of them, because I was too busy lending a hand in the kitchen. And then caterer Carol and I made the huge paella together. All the desserts had been made by Patsy the previous day, and needed the last minute finishing touch and presentation.
If I look at it now, I’m so proud of our daughter, because this looks like a professional party banquet. Doesn’t it?
5. Over forty people were invited and everybody ( even the kids) had a wonderful time. It was good to meet them, or to see them some of them again. It was a wonderful party, and it lasted until well after midnight.
Look for more Fave Five posts at Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story.