I love photo challenges, I'm sure most of my readers know that by now!! I found this scavenger hunt over at Kirsti's -who is a wonderful photographer herself by the way- and decided to join in. The post from all the players had to be up by May first, and here is mine.
Of course, a scavenger hunt would not be a scavenger hunt if there was not a little competition involved. So please, if you like my photography, please please please hop on over Sweetsauer's
and vote for me please? I'm not going to beg for this again after this week is over. But I will beg and pleade for a vote every day of the week until May 7th! So brace yourselves!! (Or vote for me?)
Here we go!
It's a restaurant near the river Schelde in Antwerp. I don't REALLY like it all THAT much, but I thought it'sarchitecture is ... well, it's ... "interesting." And I like the black and white against that beautiful blue sky.
2. A sign of Spring/Autumn (So. Hemi)
Magnolia's do not last very long, but to me they are the ultimate Spring flower.
3. Something musical : A street musician in front of the Cathedral in Antwerp. His music was isangelous.
4. Something sweet : I'm on a diet!! ;-)
And she IS sweet isn't she?
5. Something metallic : I found this one in Gent, when I was still looking for letters for Melli's alphabet challenge, and I did not use it then, so ...
7. An interesting doorway : The door of an old fashioned candy store in Antwerp, on a sunny day around Easter. The aroma of Belgian chocolate tickling your nose, does that sound interesting?
8. A reflection : Petals of blosomming trees floating on the water, a gorgeous blue sky on a beautiful Spring day. Heaven.
9. A cemetery : This is the cemetery where my grandparents have their final resting place.
10. A pair of shoes : You have NO idea how many pictures I took of my new pair of shoes before I was satisfied. Sheezz!! It may not look that way, but it was a hard one!
11. A body of water : From my recent walk with my blogger friend. A pond, beautiful reflections in the water, luscious Spring colours, blue skies, a picnic and a chateau. What more could one want?
12. A drink : Ahhhh, that was the best coffee I had in my entire life!!
13. A mosaic or mural : Graffiti in Antwerp.
15. Classic car (1970 or older) : This one is at the Palm brewery.
16. A work of art : That dog is a mosaic made out of thousands of small pieces of glass. Each tiny fragment has it's own reflection. I can appreciate the work that must have gone into that one!
17. A church : The church where I used to go to with my grandmother every Sunday.
So many special memories from this place. That's why I chose this one.
18. A statue
Shit happens! ;-)
19. An interesting sky
Okay, okay, I stretched it!
20. Something in motion : Great Tits, nesting on my patio.
21. Lights at night : Antwerp by night.