2. Belgium (I´m putting up this word, because I´m new to your blog and would love to know how you got to be there)
1. First topic on the list is cooking. Well, what do you know?
Most of my readers know I’m a passionate cook. I’m always on the look out for special ingredients, new recipes, kitchen utensils … you name it. At the bookstore you’ll find me in the cook book department, and I can never resist buying new ones. Not that I really use them, - mind you - but they inspire me to create my own recipes.
Even as a toddler I used to potter around in my grandmother’s kitchen with a little plastic bucket and a wooden spoon and I can still remember the proud moment when I presented my very first culinary invention … Crassula soup. ROFL!
2. Betty wants to know how I got to live in Belgium. Well, that’s kind of simple. My mother and my father put me there … I was born here! There’s really nothing more to it!
3. Humor: One of my bear necessities of life. The most wasted day is the day we’ve not laughed.
4. Work: I only work four hours a week, when I cook for a family with two boys. Not a job that’s making me rich, but one I hang on to because I love it so much. My favorite moment is when they come in from school, and head straight to the kitchen to see what’s cooking. The best compliment is that little “mmmm” I get or their smiles telling me they’re happy to see me, and to know I’m being missed when I’m on vacation.
5. Decorating: I have always loved all things pretty, creating beauty around me is essential to me. I’m a collector, I much enjoy my displays of old kitchen tools, I love flower arrangements, seasonal decorations, a lovely table arrangement …
Which reminds me, I really NEED to decorate the house for Fall today. I’m way behind!