About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, January 18, 2010

Macro Monday, Lobster Killer …

 

 

mm

 

I killed a lobster. Awww!
I know.
Well, I HAD to. I could not just leave him there, could I?  
I had a song going through my head. If you’ve seen Julie and Julia, you’ll know what I mean. If not … have a look at this clip and then you’ll know EXACTLY how I felt.




Okay…
His destiny could have been a lot worse. 
He ended up deliciously prepared …  ( not all lobsters do ! )

AND …

IMG_6209 
I am giving him his share of Internet fame!

IMG_6223

 

IMG_6243 

While alive

IMG_6275

AND post mortem. 

IMG_6279

 

Not all lobsters get such a tribute, do they?


More Macro Monday posts at Lisa’s Chaos.

Oh and please check out Heavenin365?

24 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my goodness. This was extremly cute. (: I loved reading your profile as well.

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Hahaha!!! Love it!!! Yes I saw the movie and can still recall that part so vivdly!! The macro shots are great !!!
have a great day!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a phoblog
South Africa

Wanda..... said...

I loved the movie, Julie and Julia...and now, if I see it again or even just happen to see a lobster...I will think of Jientje, the lobster killer, your words...not mine! :)

spacedlaw said...

No they don't but they should (they are so delicious)...

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Yes, I did see the movie and loved it.

Helena said...

I haven't seen the movie yet but want to. I love eating lobster, as long as someone else does the killing. :)

Kim, USA said...

Hahaha yeah your right. Love lobster too while reading here I am also drooling LOL!! ^_^ Happy MOnday!

MM:CenterpieceFalls

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

That lobster is HUGE!!! I bet he was yummy! Great photos

Unknown said...

The kids have a little LEGO Character they call Lobster Johnson. They saw these pictures and screamed, "Lobster Johnson...RUN!" It was really funny. It looks yummy.

kayerj said...

I loved that show but I don't think I could ever kill a lobster.

Kilauea Poetry said...

I guess you shouldn't ask how I arrived here..but this was funny. My brother-in-law is a diver here and doesn't even eat lobster! The birthday pic's were good- nice photos and bloggy, Regina-

Kilauea Poetry said...

Forgot to say what an outstanding lovely header you've got!

Anonymous said...

Ooh my... You're brave. I'll come for dinner!
PS Haha - like the clip!!

Colleen said...

hahaha... You put a smile on my face today! Great photos. A lobster never had such a grand tribute!

Carletta said...

Excellent closeups!
Your words are just too funny Jientje!!!
You didn't tell us - was he good? I know he was!

villager said...

I love the lobster closeups - where's my butter?

Anonymous said...

I love the way you always weave a story into your photos. I don't think I've ever eaten lobster.

Bientje said...

Love the clip sis!
And the pictures are great ofcourse!
big hug,
your little sister

Unknown said...

A tribute to your dinner, lol!

Moonrayvenne said...

He was one of the lucky ones...lol Love the colors & angles. (((HUGS)))

Dr.John said...

I do think the poor thing would have been very hsappy to skip the dead part of the tribute.

Loree said...

Poor lobster ... but he sure tastes good.

Gattina said...

I just don't like lobster for this reason, to be cooked alive sounds horrible to me ! But I have to admit that if there is lobster in a plate I love it too, lol !

Kathy said...

Oh gosh Jientje, I don't know what I loved more your post today or that movie and I though it was awesome, both have me wanting more hehe, awesome macros, xoxo Kathy

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive