About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekend Reflections

 

 

Time for James’ Weekend Reflections, a fun photo challenge where we try to capture reflections. Reflections are everywhere, even on a foggy gloomy day. This canal is just around the corner from where I live. I love how moody my photos turn out on a day like this, but that was exactly what I was looking for.

IMG_6497

 

PS: There was a request in the comments by Moneythoughts. I quote:
“I, like all the comments before me, like the photo too. But, I would like to see the same photo cropped at the bottom along a line equal to that running across the top of the picture so the reflection of the trees would be in perfect balance. It was just a thought. Enlarged to the size of a wall, I bet it would be exciting to stand before it.”

Thanks Fred, I had been wondering which one would be better too, so I’m going to publish the other version. That way the other visitors can tell me what they think too.
So here is the original version before I cropped it: 

 

IMG_6497

So what do you think, which one do you like best?

 

More Weekend Reflections at James’ Newton Area Photo.
Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Wanda..... said...

It's moody and gray, but uplifting at the same time, Jientje! Beautiful!

Melli said...

This photo speaks Wuthering Heights to me... It's beautiful.

Betty W said...

I love it! Even though it is pretty Grey and the weather looks pretty cold, it still has beauty in it.

The Retired One said...

Exactly what I was looking for too....
loved this one!

Jan said...

Stunning photo, Jientje.

moneythoughts said...

I, like all the comments before me, like the photo too. But, I would like to see the same photo cropped at the bottom along a line equal to that running across the top of the picture so the reflection of the trees would be in perfect balance. It was just a though. Enlarged to the size of a wall, I bet it would be exciting to stand before it.

quilly said...

Lovely, Jientje. Even a cold, gray day has beautyif one just looks for it.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It's a beautiful photo. I love the way you capture a mood with your photography

Anonymous said...

Love the mood. Color can be very creative when the contrast is so low as you've done here.

moneythoughts said...

I think I like the second picture best.

Helena said...

This is a beautiful photo ... really puts me in a thoughtful mood.

Tammie Lee said...

oh my gorgeous~

The French Bear said...

Lovely!!! I must say I like the second one, whichever way it is a beautiful photo, great job taking it!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

what a fantastic capture of reflections - so scenic and really powerful!!! Lovely, lovely image!
Also love your sepia contribution!
Have a great day!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a photoblog
South Africa

Regina said...

Beautiful reflections!

Anonymous said...

I love the mood you have captured. I like both shots...they each serve a different purpose. The original gives the "whole" picture. The cropped photo leaves a little to the imagination. Both beautiful.

Here is my entry: Weekend Reflection ~ Action on the Court

Kat said...

This is a beautiful reflection, the mood is wonderful. I am confused, though. I thought that moneythoughts had suggested cropping the bottom of the photo, rather than the top? Either way, this is a beautiful reflection shot! Kathy

Serendipity said...

Stunning reflection!

James said...

Great shot. I really like the gloomy look. Maybe I'm missing something but the top and the bottom photo look the same to me.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive