About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekly Winners, Snow and Ice

 

weeklywinnersnew


It’s been very cold here in Belgium, we’re even getting our share of snow.

IMG_1184

Snow is not all that often on our weather menu …

IMG_4708

I love it because it creates extra special photo opportunities.

 IMG_1156

Icicles make a change from the usual raindrops, don’t they?

IMG_4890

Hanging in there, waiting for Spring.

IMG_1219

A walk along the canal.

IMG_1226

Crisp air and blue skies, I enjoyed it.

IMG_1238
Almost sunset.

  IMG_4720Heavenin365 means playing with the Big Guy, which involves photographing
… anything I can point my camera at!

IMG_5038

From peeling potatoes …

IMG_4783

To boxes of chocolates

IMG_5165

Winter decorations

IMG_5246

Even teddy bears!

I had a great week. And you?
More Weekly Winners at Sarcastic Mom’s. 


Heavenin365 my 365 project and new blog are Heavenin365

26 comments:

Leora said...

Absolutely love the 4th one down, with the bit of snow on branch and colorful bokeh in the back. Teddy bear warmth - he takes up the whole photo! And the top one is a great frosty pic. Hey, they are all wonderful.

Tara R. said...

The first four, the snow shots, are so beautiful! The canal shots are lovely, and the lighting is perfect.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

The birdhouse and canal shots are wonderful. And so is that food shot! So cute in the jar. =)

Anonymous said...

Love your snow, your canal AND your ♥ CHOCOLATES ♥!!

Colleen said...

Although the outdoor snow shots are beautiful, there is something about the potato shot that I just love.

Bientje said...

I just love the teddybear with that little snow on his nose...
big hug,
your little sister

Karen said...

I can't decide if I like your landscapes or closeup stills better. I think I'll just enjoy them both:)

Beautiful, as usual.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Great photos! I am curious about the lens you use for your macro shots??

Gattina said...

I know I know it's freezing cold ! Yesterday morning we had - 8 °C and before that even -14 !
I was in Holland at the sea but there it was less cold and less snow too.

Avril said...

Beautiful .. all of them!!! Love the colours at the canal! All that snow and ice!!! Amazing! Your reflections from the previous post are also ... wow! We've been watching the weather on TV in the northern hemisphere - snow everywhere - freezing cold .. but very very beautiful!

Avril said...

Just to add .. is that a snowflake inside the icicle? never seen a snowflake before (in real life!)

Carletta said...

Lovely shots as always Jientje!
The birdhouse shot is really nice.

quilly said...

Beautiful snow photos!

Denise said...

Stunning photos! I think the icicles from raindrops is my favorite, but that only by a little bit. They're all wonderful. DOF and angles are brilliant!

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Beautiful shots! You've got some great bokeh in the background of a couple. That "almost sunset" photo is great - such lovely colors in the sky.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great shots. I especially love the snow and the bokeh.

James said...

Beautiful captures some show the cold but all of them warm me up. I really like them.

The Retired One said...

I loved the one where you can see the ice crystal inside the droplet hanging from the branch.
Awesome!!

Joyce said...

I like all the photos and the one of the Boyd's bear made me SMILE:)
Joyce

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

That icicle shot is just stunning!! You are right about winter bringing special photo ops! But now that I have had a couple of months of it, I think I might be ready for Spring ops :-)!!

kayerj said...

winter is beautiful in Belgium

Tammie Lee said...

this is a wonderful group of photos. Looks like you had a grand time with the snow!

Loree said...

Enjoy your snow. I would love to find a cheap flight to somewhere to just make snow angels with my son. I am sure he would love it.

Maggie's Mind said...

These are all so gorgeous! I love snow and ice in pictures when I don't have to actually deal with it.

Unknown said...

Snow makes everything prettier!! You had a great week!

Wanda..... said...

I love your food presentation Jientje and the icicles look like cut glass jewels.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive