About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekly Winners

 

 

 

weeklywinnersnew

 

 

 IMG_6452

Don’t complain about a rainy day.

IMG_6455

I grabbed my camera and tried to capture the gloominess.
 

IMG_6457

Instead …

IMG_6488


I discovered beauty.  

IMG_6505

 
There is beauty in every day. Even in Winter.

 IMG_6552
Although I have to admit that this little splash of color made my heart jump. I discovered very early blooms on the wild strawberries in my patio garden. Do they really think it’s Spring yet?

IMG_6567


While inside …

 IMG_6581


Home baked bread …

 IMG_6412

 
and a cup of hot tea bring comfort on a wintery day.

IMG_6649
While anticipating…

 

IMG_6697

the next meal.

 

More Weekly Winners at Sarcastic Mom’s.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love summer…
~
…but the beauty of your photos
makes me
want to see your part
of the world
~
thank you for sharing you photographic talent

Betty W said...

You captured the gloominess well! Although it can get depressing it´s good that you focused on the positive. Spring will be soon, I hope for you!

Robin said...

Beautiful photos. You've done really well pulling beauty out of the gloom.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I love your black and whites!
Isn't it funny that so early in winter we're already looking forward to spring? I'm watching the maple tree buds... love how they're there in the bitter cold, just waiting for their sap to run again.

Wanda..... said...

It's raining heavily here this morning, Jientje, but the birds are singing!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Gorgeous! I enjoy seeing your winter colors and still enjoying those boat photos!! Taking a closer look at you tea cup and now I am noticing I can see all the little bits and herbs in the tea bag... too cool!! Hope your weekend is amazing!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love the foggy boat shots.

Danifred said...

Absolutely stunning. Wow!
The first set of pictures remind me of a scene out of Chocolat (as I envisioned it while I read it)

Maude Lynn said...

These are absolutely beautiful!

Gattina said...

I hate this weather I prefer the hot cup of tea, lol !

Tara R. said...

You sure did discover beauty! The misty shots are so wonderful!

SECRET AGENT MAMA said...

You took my breath away this week. Love all your images, J!!

Unknown said...

i was trying to pick a favorite but wow. i like the composition of the second one. i love the tea shot and the spoons ... and the life preserver and ...

Avril said...

Love the misty, rainy photos ... and all the others, equally! Really like the cluster of spoons!

Barbara said...

Actually the gloominess of the day gave your captures a soft touch. Sorry I have not been on lately. I have alot of catching up to do. Have a great day
Smiles Barbara

Colleen said...

Lovely pictures. The warm bread and hot tea are calling me. Maybe I'll do some baking. Yum!

Unknown said...

Guilty, I always complain of rain. :( I don't like the stuff. HOwever, I love your bread!! You always have the best looking breads!

Moonrayvenne said...

I love the pic of the hot tea. You can see so many things in the tea bag. What kind of tea is that? It looks like there are flower petals in the bag.

The Retired One said...

Love, love, love the foggy photos....the mood is wonderful in them!

moneythoughts said...

A good eye can find beauty almost anywhere, and you have one of the best.

Robynn's Ravings said...

You definitely captured the beauty in the moody. Looks like many of our days in central California. I just love your pictorials and captions. They paint GREAT STORIES!

Loree said...

You captures the gloominess and managed to make it look mysterious and beautiful.

Suburban Girl said...

Beautiful...it is starting our rainy here and I was just contemplating what to photograph, we'll see what today brings!

The French Bear said...

Your pictures are the best!! I love the strawberry bloom and the bread (of course). They are just beautiful!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

kayerj said...

loved wandering through the mist with you today.

spacedlaw said...

Nice comfort series here.

Gena @ Thinking Aloud said...

Hi Jientje! what an amazing post - lovely message and as always such exquisite images!!! Fantastic inspiration!
thanks for all the lovely comments you have left me.....
have a great evening
Gena @ thinking aloud
a photoblog
South Africa

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive