About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wordless …

IMG_1104


Bokrijk by Night

Visit the brand new Heavenin365 blog.
My 365 project, a picture a day.
Challenging myself with the  Canon Eos 40D, the BIG guy.

15 comments:

moneythoughts said...

I understand "wordless", but this picture is too foreign for me to get. I see food on the grill and two women and one with her hand out and two coins in it. What am I missing?

Anonymous said...

Nice but indead, maybe only for a Belgian to know...

Jientje said...

@ Moneythoughts: They are baking and selling bratwurst. The lady with the pink shawl is waiting for her money before handing over the bread with the sausage.
@ : Atasteofantwerp: I thought this would be obvious?
@ kaye: It was.

Heidi said...

I love the hats and shawls! Was it freezing cold?
Looks like an enjoyable evening spent with friends and acquaintances. I hope you enjoyed your tastey dinner!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

Jientje said...

It was very very cold, indeed.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to taste one of those. ;-)

Paz

Unknown said...

I think that's four meals right there! Wow, they're huge!

Kathy said...

It's as if I was right there handing over the money I can almost smell those sausages. Kathy.

Momisodes said...

Whoa! That is one huge meal.

Looks delicious :) I can almost smell it!

Dr.John said...

They do look good.

The Retired One said...

A neat photo...a taste of your country? ha

Robynn's Ravings said...

Is that traditional dress they're wearing (everyday?) or are they in costume. Love it. I would like to know more and Hello You! Your header picture is phenomenal.

Unknown said...

and you say the heaven is in Belgium? OHHH now that looks like a heavenly bratwurst! I LOVE THEM! I am drooling right now! LOL

Loree said...

Mmmm those sausages.

Rob Siemann said...

Very cool picture!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive