Here we go for another round of Friday’s Fave Five again. It’s been such a wonderful week it feels like I could make this a Fave Twenty Five! So without further ado …
1. An unexpected phone call and a visit from my daughter has got to be my number one. Although Saturday was filled with lots of little surprises, this was truly the highlight of the week. We sat outside in the sun on the patio, enjoyed a lovely meal together, caught up on some stories from each other’s lives, it was wonderful. The afternoon and the evening went by much too fast. Although her company is the most wonderful thing on earth she can give me, she never comes empty handed. I just LOVE the mini succulents she gave me. They’re a lovely momentum of a wonderful afternoon!
2. My hubby fixed the little wall fountain!! The water pump had gone stuck when I forgot to keep enough water in it last year. I missed the murmuring sound of the water so much, I’m so glad he got it fixed!
3. Weight loss! Eating healthy food and lots of fruits and vegetables is paying off, I have lost 9.4 lbs already! Woohoo! The best thing of it all is we’re really enjoying this new way of eating. It does not feel like we’re dieting at all!
4. The Swedish smoke box. A delicious way to prepare all kinds of food is to smoke it in a smoke box. I’ve had the box for years, but haven’t really used it much up until now. I have been experimenting with it lately and ’m really getting the hang of it now!
5. The lovely excursion we made to Haspengouw, which is the fruit region of Belgium. The orchards were not in full bloom yet, which gives us a reason to go back in two weeks, if the weather holds? Despite that, there were photo opportunities galore, some of them quite surprising and unexpected like the abandoned farm house and the MG’s. So keep an eye on this blog in the next couple of days!