Why oh why does Spring go by so much faster than Winter seems to do? Does anybody know the answer to that question? April 16th already, time flies!
It’s a good thing I get to look back through this meme and share some of my favorite things because it’s been such a magnificent week!
1. The weather has been fabulous throughout this whole week. As some of you might know, I love to use the sunlight to make my photos pop, everything looks so much nicer when the sun shines!
2. I was outside a lot, put my feet up, felt the sun on my skin. Just sitting back and soaking up the warmth listening to the birds sing felt like heaven here on earth!
3. We had our first lunch OUTSIDE! There is something about eating outside in Summer. I don’t know, it feels like vacation and your food just seems to taste better!
4. Saturday was the best day of the weekend and we made it our day out. We visited a garden and flower show at Groot Bijgaarden castle. (Click the link to learn more) The exposition of Spring flowers in the historic buildings and around the lovely gardens is still open until May 6th and it is really breathtaking. So if you happen to live close by, this is really worth visiting! There was a photo behind every corner, I took over 600 with my Big Guy! Photos from this beautiful event can be seen here and here, and there will be more to come in the next days.
5. We are still on a diet, and we eat loads of fresh fruits and vegetables. We’ve come to love and appreciate them a lot! I LOVE that little hint of vanilla in Pink Lady apples for instance. Every once and a while we indulge ourselves with a little treat though. Last Sunday we had a croissant for breakfast. That buttery taste, mmmm!