About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five, A very Special Birthday

 friday fave five 12

 

Friday today, one of my favorite days of the week. Time to reflect on and count our blessings and share them through this meme, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

friday's fave five sept 10

1. A special birthday. It was my daughter’s birthday last Wednesday. She’s still vacationing in Spain, so we did not get to celebrate together yet, but we will soon.
Still, a daughter’s birthday is a special day for the mother too, right?
2. Last weekend was a bright and sunny weekend, so for the last time this year ( most probably) we were able to eat outside. We had to stay inside most of the month of August, so yeah, eating outside is a big treat for us!  
3. We went to Bokrijk Museum Park for the last time this season. I love it there!
4. New shoes. Two pairs of shoes and a pair of boots. Aaahh, a girl and her shoes, right? Need I say more?
5. A couple of good bargains. I love it when shopping does NOT cost an arm and a leg. I was able to find my new shoes and a new Winter outfit at reasonable prices.

16 comments:

Marina said...

Tell me more about...shoes and good prices!!! They must change the "diamonds are girl's best friend" to "shoes are girls best friend"!!!LOL;)

Christie, Describe Happy said...

What a wonderful week and so nice that you could enjoy some sunshine!

The French Bear said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! What gorgeous eyes she has!!! Glad that you had a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Caution/Lisa said...

A daughter, new shoes, being outdoors?? You are surely living right :)

The Retired One said...

Wonderful collage..loved seeing your daughter too, she is a beauty, like you.

Islandsparrow said...

A beautiful daughter - wish her a happy birthday for me! My daughter and baby of the family turns 20 next week. Who could believe it!

I love to get good bargains too. Makes me feel so good!

Glad you finally got some nice sunny weather. We've had rain this week but we needed it. August was great beach weather but not so great for the garden.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Jientje!

Bientje said...

I'll go on a shoe hunt tomorrow... hope I find a nice burgundy pump at a reasonable price... hehehe
Big hug,
Your little sister

Gattina said...

Nice collage ! I was in Coxyde on Sunday I too think it was the last summer day ! anyway this summer was really lousy !

Cindy said...

Fantastic finds come at a reasonable cost, I love to get bargains when I shop.

Your daughter is lovely I hope you get to celebrate together soon.

Have a great week

A Lady's Life said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter!

I am just happy for my new running shoes.
They do the trick and I can walk to my hearts content. lol

ellen b said...

Daughters, wine and good food, an outing, new shoes and a great bargain! It doesn't get better then that. Love that photo of your daughter. It is so clear and crisp it seems she's right there on the screen. Her eyes are amazing :0)

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

New shoes and bargains -- I love them!

Have a great week ahead.

Susanne said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Hope she's having a lovely holiday in Spain.

New shoes at a deal. Now that is my kind of favorite! :v)

Karyn said...

Great looking shoes!

Happy Birthday to your daughter. And yes, a child's birthday is important to the mother as well.

Willow said...

I'm so late getting around to seeing the FFFs this weekend! Happy Birthday to your daughter! You can still celebrate when you see her. Dining al fresco is lovely--treasure the times.

Anonymous said...

I read your profile so I can now say your name properly. :)

I really like your photo collage. Someday I will learn to do that for my blog as well.

I love bargain shopping. New clothes and shoes at a GOOD price always bring a smile to my face as well.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed