Where has this week gone to? I’ve been very busy lately, so busy that I hardly found the time to post on my blog. But I don’t want to miss out on Friday’s Fave Five, the meme which makes us look back and share some of the highlights of the week that has passed.
1. My Hubby was home early on Thursday evening, and he had no appointments on Friday, which made for a very LONG weekend for us to enjoy. But long weekends seem to whizz by even faster!
2. The bike ride we made on Saturday. We rode through heath land and the scenery was breathtaking. This time I had not forgotten my camera so I took some photos, but they don’t do it justice. The pink landscape was a lot prettier in real life than my photos turned out to be!
3. Mushrooms. One of the things I like about Fall. I love to photograph them, but I like to eat them as well, well, … store bought ones that is!
4. At the moment my house is filled with the lovely aromas of the brown veal stock I am making. It takes twelve hours of gentle simmering before I can strain it and let it cool down. I’m going to deepfreeze small portions of it and it will give some real depth of flavor to my sauces this Winter.
5. We visited my Mom and spent a lovely afternoon with my sisters and the rest of the family on Wednesday. Nine people at my Mom’s dinner table and she loved it! I’m really glad my Mom is doing so well after her surgery!