- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, October 22, 2010
Friday's Fave Five, My Birthday Week
Friday’s Fave Five is the meme which makes us look back, count our blessings and share some of the highlights of the week that has passed. This week was a beautiful week, it had my birthday in it. Looking back it feels like we’ve been celebrating all week!
1. Our daughter Patsy invited us to a raclette party on Saturday.
2. My actual birthday was on Wednesday. We spent the day at my parent’s house.
It felt good to be home with my sisters and my parents again.
3. Birthday gifts! I felt like a little kid again opening all those lovely presents!I got my favorite perfume, a cookbook and a lovely shawl from Mom and my sisters.
4. Birthday cards and birthday wishes on Facebook.
5. My husband took me to one of my favorite restaurants last night. We had a lovely romantic evening and the food was exquisite!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ▼ October (4)