- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, December 17, 2010
Friday's Favorite Five, Old Computers and Snow Boots
It's been a while since my last post but that's because I had some computer trouble. I've had two viruses attacking my computer, and it is in the shop for repair now, I'm hoping to get it back after the weekend. I'm working from my old, slower computer now.
1. So thank God for old computers eh, it's still a hell of a lot better than nothing, right? Right!
2. It has snowed again, it's the second time we're getting snow this year. It's a little early for Belgian standards, I think it's going to be a long winter!
3. Anticipation. I'm very much looking forward to the trip to London I'm going to make with my daughter next week! Two days of mother-daughter quality time, two days to enjoy each other's company and taste that genuine English Christmas spirit, I just KNOW it's going to be fabulous!!
4. I bought some nice warm snow boots. No cold feet for me while we're roaming the streets of London!
5. Some of my Christmas shopping is already done and I like what I got. It's nice to see all the gifts underneath the tree!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ▼ 2010 (198)