The last day of April already! It’s been a fabulous month, lots of sunshine, lots of photo opportunities, a lot of time spent outside…
It’s time to join Susanne and the others at Living to Tell the Story to look back on the week and share some favorites …
1. Family. The highlight of the week was the garden party we’ve thrown for my father’s birthday. A barbeque in the garden, eating outside, children grandchildren and parents all being together, catching up on each other’s lives … it was lovely.
My father was in great shape and he thoroughly enjoyed it!
It did not start to rain until we were done grilling and we had to move inside to have dessert. But that did not bother us much, we were just happy to be together again!
2. The hanging baskets and a Japanese cherry tree with it’s lovely pink blossoms are the latest addition to our patio garden.
3. White asparagus are in season again. Locally grown, and full of flavor. I was amazed that some of my readers have never seen the white ones before and yes, the white ones taste different than the green variety. They don’t need much, just a touch of melted butter, a poached egg or a couple of slices of Coeur de Boeuf tomato and some fleur de sel for instance. I posted a recipe earlier this week. You can find it here.
4. The apple pie my sister baked last Sunday. It was low calorie AND delicious!
5. The weather is changing, we’re having rain again. Time to snuggle up on the couch with a cup of coffee and a magazine instead of being outside. Let’s just hope the sun will shine again soon!
Visit Heavenin365, a photo a day with the Canon D40.