The small maple tree is decorating my patio garden with its fallen leaves …
More ruby pictures from all over the world at Mary's Work of the Poet.
I missed a couple of Fave Five’s because I was so busy. Friday’s Fave Five is the meme which makes us look back and share some of the highlights of the week that has passed. These past weeks have been hectic and I haven’t been around my computer very much! So for this Fave Five I’m also including the highlight of the previous week, as pictured in the first collage below.
Two weeks ago today my daughter, her Spanish friend Marisol and her two girls came over for a visit. We had a lovely evening together over some good food and a glass of wine. My daughter had to translate the conversation because Marisol and her girls only speak Spanish, but that did not bother any of us.
1. My husband was on a business trip abroad until Thursday. I hate being alone, so I stayed at my parent’s house for the weekend. I slept in my old room again and was spoiled rotten by my parents! The weekend was much too short!
2. My father taught me how to make pig’s head cheese the old fashioned way.
Many years ago when my grandparents still slaughtered a pig each year, my father used to prepare head cheese, sausages and pâtés. I haven’t had it since then and I’m glad I now know how to make it.
3. I used public transport a lot this week. The bus trip to Sluis I made with my parents, (where we had apple pie!) travelling back home again from Bruges on Monday and using bus transport to meet up with my friend Nana on Tuesday.
4. Friendship. My friend Nana is such a good friend, I love her to pieces. We had breakfast and lunch together and just hung and enjoyed each other’s company. Another day that went by too fast!
5. The gift my husband gave me when he arrived home from his business trip. Among other things he got me a lovely handbag in my favorite color, purple! Woohoo!