- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, February 18, 2011
Friday's Fave Five, It Almost Feels Like Spring ...
The week that has passed has been such a wonderful week, and now it's Friday already!
It's time to look back and share some of my favourite things from it. Time to share another Fave Five, a meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. The weather. We've had a couple of lovely days with lots of sunshine and very nice temperatures this week. We all think it's going to be a very early Spring here in Belgium. Counting the days!
2. My snowdrops are in bloom. They were a gift from my husband last year and it's so nice to see them pop up again. They really speak of Spring, don't they? I love them so much I made them my new header.
3. Our anniversary. The years seem to have whizzed by, it's been 29 years since we started sharing our life together and it seems like only yesterday!
4. The new cutlery we gave each other as an anniversary gift. I especially loved the message my husband put on the gift wrap. It said: " Because I love you and want to share and enjoy many more years with you". Sweet isn't it?
5. Hubby's favourite dish, chicken in Supreme sauce. The recipe is a little bit elaborate I admit, but it's great comfort food and it was the first dish I ever cooked for him when I had first met him. He still loves it!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ February (4)
- ► 2010 (198)