- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, March 25, 2011
Friday's Fave Five, Spring is really Here!
It's THAT time of the week again, it's Friday.
Time to look back upon the week that has passed and share some of its highlights.
Time to join Friday's Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. Eating outside. Yes!!!! The weather has been really extraordinary this week. We've been able to eat outside this whole week, I don't think we've ever done this so early in the year! I think this should be mentioned in Jientje's book of world records!
2. Cooking session with my friend Annie. Three or four times a year my friend Annie and I try to find some exquisite - sometimes quite challenging - recipes to cook up a lovely meal together. We held our little get together last Saturday and both our husbands enjoyed the good food we put on the table!
3. Being able to leave the door to the patio open early in the morning till late in the afternoon. I can hear the children at the school playground, hear the birds whistle, ... breathe in some fresh air ... It makes my blood pump, makes me feel like I'm alive again!
4. First strawberries. Yummie!
5. Painted toenails and a pedicure. I'm ready for sandals and flip flops again, yaaay!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ March (5)
- ► 2010 (198)