Kim over at Frogpondsrock started a new photomeme called Sunday Selections.
This is what she says:
"I take a lot of photos and most of them are just sitting around in folders on my desktop not doing anything. I thought that a dedicated post once a week would be a good way to share some of these photos that otherwise wouldn’t be seen by anyone other than me."
The idea is to post some pictures which otherwise would never get published. It does not matter if you took them last week or two years ago, just add your name and URL to the Mr Linky and play along.
My daughter and I were on a little shopping trip to London ( England) just a few days before Christmas. Daily life in London would be nothing without the subway - it's literally the heart of the city - so I found it interesting to take pictures there too.
I will be posting more pictures of our little London trip over the next couple of days.
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Friday again. The first week of 2011 is almost over. Time to look back on that week and share some of my favourite things from it. Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. We had a quiet evening at home on New Year's Eve. Nothing big, just the two of us. The house was cosy and nicely decorated, we had a few appetizers, a bottle of Cava ( I love something bubbly, and it does not always have to be Champagne ) and we watched the fireworks at midnight.
2. The sweetbread we ate as a main course. Mmmm, I LOVE sweetbread!
3. As we had to leave early in the morning for the family gathering in Bruges the next day, my hubby helped me to clean up the kitchen. That was really sweet of him!
4. We celebrated with the whole family on Saturday. It was nice to be together again, and to open all those presents we had for each other!
5. On Monday I met up with a blogger friend and my two sisters and we held a waffle bake. We ate them with fresh cream and all kinds of fresh fruits! Mmmm, yummie, they were very light and crunchy, the best recipe ever!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Midweek Blues is easy to play. Post a picture with a little or a lot of blue in it and join the fun at Rebecca's Dusty Cellar.
The surprised look on her face tells me my daughter was very pleased with the gift she got from her partner! He is quite pleased with himself too, don't you think?
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Weekly Winners is hosted by Lotus at I am Lotus. It's simple, just post your favourite pictures of the week! Mine were all taken yesterday at our New Year's Day family party.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)