- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Monday, November 14, 2011
Lotus missed posting a couple of times and I missed her Weekly Winners meme.
Anyway, she's back now and I'm doing an XXL Weekly Winners with my favorite pictures of the last couple of weeks!
Check out what the others have posted at Lotus' I am Lotus, the homeblog of Weekly Winners.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Friday again ... now wait a minute? Where has that week gone to? It's been an amazing week for me, busy and relaxed at the same time, with lots of exciting moments. Time to look back by joining Friday's Fave Five and share some of the highlights from it ...
1. A looooooooooooooooooong weekend. It's always a treat for me when my hubby is home, and this week he did not have any appointments until Wednesday. We visited a pumkin fair, had fun with the camera on two different photo walks, we slept in, took our time to enjoy breakfast a bit more than usual, you know, we had a lot of fun together!
2. On Monday evening we had a Halloween market in our village. It was organized for the very first time and it was a great success. Not only the vendors were disguised as creepy monsters, so were a lot of the visitors! To savor the true Halloween atmosphere, we went there after dark. I took my camera and tried some of the manual settings on my camera, as I had learned in photography class the week before. It seemed to work just fine and I'm really pleased with the photos I took!
3. The weather has been unbelievably warm and sunny these last couple of days, and we thoroughly enjoyed our Indian Summer. Fall is really at it's peak now, and the colors are wonderful. Add two more weeks and the leaves will all have fallen, so now was the time to make a photo walk to capture Fall in all it's beauty. When we came back, I made us lunch, and noticed it was still warm enough to eat outside. We had a salad with a glass of rosé wine and basked in the warm sun. It was heaven!
4.I had a breakfast date with my friend Nana on Thursday morning. I forgot to take my camera, so that 's a bit of a shame, but we did have a great time. Well, we always do, don't we? Her present for my birthday was very well chosen, I love it. Want to know what it was? Well, remember the pink and green cups and bowls I bought this Summer? She gave me matching mini oven dishes I can use to serve an appetizer or a little garnish on the side of the plate. She had found them in a little shop in Nyons, France. This makes them even more special to me!
5. I went shopping for clothes, and actually found some nice stuff at bargain prices! The lovely compliments my friend Nana gave me yesterday about how I looked in my new mini skirt made me confident enough to want to buy another one, thus following my husband's clothing advice. I also found a very stylish gray dress, a belt, a sweater and a cardigan. I'm so happy with my new outfits!
For more Friday's Fave Five's from other people, visit Susanne's Living to tell the Story.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)