- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
I needed some pictures for my photo class exam, so we took off with the camera and the tripod and spent some time in Antwerp central station. Lots and lots of photo opportunities there ...
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Antwerp by night, an attempt at night photography ...
I wanted to make more and better shots so I returned two days later, just after sunset.
We took the elevator to the roof of the building above and took the next couple of panoramic night views of Antwerp.
From inside the building ...
Weekly Winners is hosted by Lotus at I am Lotus.
Friday, December 2, 2011
The month of November has whizzed by in a jiffy and it's the first Friday of December already!! Time to look back and reflect upon the week that has passed, and post about the things I'm grateful for.
This weekly meme is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. Photography class. We've been through a lot of theoretic stuff, and things are slowly becoming a bit more interesting because we can finally put our knowledge into practice.
Last week we took a shot at night photography.
2. I got a lovely bouquet of red flowers from my husband last night. There was no particular occasion, he just felt like buying me flowers he said.
3. Rooibos caramel tea I bought at Lidl. I just love that sweet caramel taste.
4. I kind of like the series of portraits I made this weekend featuring my husband and Tisja, our 18 year old cat in a very cuddly mood.
5. A cookbook from my favorite three starred Michelin chef Sergio Herman, for only € 5.99. It's a newspaper promotion and it still runs two more weeks, so there will be two more cookbooks from this cooking genius!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ December (3)
- ► 2010 (198)