Happiness is ... a teeny tiny little baby camera ...
Photo taken with the Canon Ixus 115 HS
I'm still having trouble with my Big Guy, the Canon D40. I took it to the shop for repair this morning and I'm going to have to miss it three to four weeks. There is a problem with the shutter release button, now and again it gets stuck making it impossible to take pictures.
Let's hope it's just a mechanical problem and that there will be no major costs involved?
I will use my compact camera in photography class, it's going to take a little getting used to I suppose, but I should be okay.
I did need a little something to get over the heartache about my Big Guy today, so I went ahead and finally bought myself that little tiny baby camera I have wanted for months now. It's so tiny I can just slip it in my pocket and have handy at all times. I've been toying around with it a little this afternoon, and I'm really amazed at what this little guy has up it's sleeve! I can even make movies with it! Woohoo! For those of you interested, the Little Guy is a Canon Ixus 115 HS and there is a review here.
So there, that's the latest news from me. Me, I'm going to have fun playing with my new toy, and I hope you'll all have a great weekend too!
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- Monthly Theme: the Marina
- A Very Relaxed Weekend
- A Walk in the Park
- Weekend Reflections, Light Ornament
- Camera Issues, Part Two
- Street view in Antwerp
- Pretty in Pink
- Lots of Coffee ...
- Camera Issues
- At the Museum
- A Photo a Day ... Photography Class
- Rainy Day
- Still Blooming ...
- Dignified ...
- Sleeping in ...
- Happy Birthday!
- Friday's Fave Five, The Little Things ...
- Broken ...
- Withering Blues ...
- Cat Nap ...
- A world of difference!
- The making of ... Bread Pudding
- Jingle, Jangle and Joe ...
- Friday's Fave Five, First signs of Spring and a Fa...
- The Little Harbor in my Village
- Project 366 # 4
- Project 366, # 3
- Project 366, One and Two
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)