About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, February 13, 2012

What did you do this weekend?




We had a long weekend again this weekend, but nothing spectacular happened. We took advantage of the extra time we had together by doing some household chores, like thawing the freezer. It was the right moment for this chore because of the cold. I could put everything outside while we cleaned the freezer, and we got the job done in less than two hours.
Weekly market on Saturday, grocery shopping in the afternoon ... Business as usual ...


Dinner by candlelight on Saturday evening. We had Devil Scampi's.

I made buttermilk crepes for breakfast on Sunday. It's a Weight Watcher's recipe, but it's a real treat with fresh cheese and some fruit.


Project 366 #44

In the afternoon we drove through the port of Antwerp looking for some interesting photos.
We had a drink in a pub in Lillo and I was planning to make some more photos there, but then it began to snow so we headed home instead where I spent some time editing my photos.
So there, another weekend that went by much too fast!

8 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

Your food photos always look scrumptious!

Unknown said...

Frozen ducks?

Just kidding - I know those are decoys. Love the shot of the derricks at the wharf.

Gattina said...

Why didn't I think of this ! I so badly need to clean our deepfreeze !
Today it's too warm (??)just 0°C and grey and humid !

Willow said...

I prefer 'uninteresting' weekends because there's time for the little chores and the fun things.

FilipBlog said...

Great picture of the cranes. Very impressive.

Greetings,
Filip

Carletta said...

The weekends always go way too fast in my opinion. :)
You always fill yours up with wonderful activities though.
The crepe and fruit looks delicious! Lovely photo!
I like the lines and depth of field in the last one. Makes me miss the ports where we used to live.

fotorantje said...

de dagen vliegen voorbij

ik kijk altijd m'n ogen uit naar wat je allemaal mag eten van de weight watchers, ik denk dat ik zou verdikken ipv vermageren :-)

Avril said...

The weekend needs an extra day :)

Crepes, yummy! I'm hoping to get a taste of genuine French crepes :)

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive