The title says it all! It was a lovely, mostly sunny week filled with very nice activities, good food and good company. What more could I want?
1. On Saturday we attended the eel festival in Mariekerke. We found a nice little restaurant where we could eat baked eel and it was delicious. The best baked eel I ever had! After that we visited an event in Hingene, a neighboring village. The costumed actors around and inside the castle setting were a photographer’s delight!
2. The next day was spent in my friend Annie’s kitchen. We both love to cook and we tried some challenging new recipes. We were joined by our husbands later that evening so the four of us could enjoy this lovely meal together.
3. While I was cooking my hubby installed a new tap in my own kitchen. The next day I rearranged some of the stuff in my kitchen and I love how I seem to have a lot more working space on my kitchen counter now.
4. Tuesday was our wedding anniversary. My poor hubby had to work but we were still able to have a glass of champagne and a mini celebration later in the evening.
5. On Wednesday I prepared lunch for my friend Nana. It had been some time since I last saw her so we had quite a bit of catching up to do. The weather did not really cooperate, so we were stuck inside, but that did not bother us too much. We had a lovely afternoon together.