About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Midweek Blues, At the Photographer’s

 

mwb 1575

 

Every detail had to be just right before the photographer could make a picture.
Taking a picture used to involve a lot more work than it does now in this digital era!

 

IMG_2858bc


Play along with Midweek Blues. Post a picture with a little or a lot of blue in it and join the fun at the Dusty Cellar.

13 comments:

Rob Siemann said...

Is this the camera you're using for your wonderful photos??? Good job! lol

Colleen said...

How do you manage to step back in time like that? :) You visit the most fascinating places.

Pat said...

What a great photo - not only getting the people but also the old fashioned camera!

Heidi said...

Love the motley crew here :)

kayerj said...

that is a very interesting picture

nana said...

Kunt ge u eigenlijk niet meer voorstellen hé. Een filmrolleke lijkt al zover weg. :-)

Loree said...

I can imagine all the work they had to go through. Digital cameras make things easier for a lot of us.

Unknown said...

what a wonderful picture! a digital picture taken of an old set up picture! great job! really puts it all in perspective on how easy we have it. I have tons of sky-blue pictures, but I think everyone does! so it wouldn't be too interesting..

A Lady's Life said...

I love a phtographer that actually poses you to get the best shot of you.
The others just say ok look here and shoot. lol

James said...

I feel like I've been transported back in time. :)

Carletta said...

You didn't get many chances to get it right!
Love this candid shot Jientje!

Carletta @ Round The Bend

Avril said...

I agree with Carletta - "you didn't get many chances to get it right" .. and they never smiled in the olden days .. all upright and stiff!
Lovely to catch up with your photos! Those giant puppets and their story is wonderful!
Such a special hubby you have too, writing little notes for you :)
Interesting Scottish Festival! Would love to do a Scotland trip .. maybe one day!

Susanne said...

This shot is so fun! I love how they are all looking at the lady being "adjusted". LOL.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed