- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, January 7, 2011
Fiday's Fave Five, Good Times with Friends and Family
Friday again. The first week of 2011 is almost over. Time to look back on that week and share some of my favourite things from it. Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. We had a quiet evening at home on New Year's Eve. Nothing big, just the two of us. The house was cosy and nicely decorated, we had a few appetizers, a bottle of Cava ( I love something bubbly, and it does not always have to be Champagne ) and we watched the fireworks at midnight.
2. The sweetbread we ate as a main course. Mmmm, I LOVE sweetbread!
3. As we had to leave early in the morning for the family gathering in Bruges the next day, my hubby helped me to clean up the kitchen. That was really sweet of him!
4. We celebrated with the whole family on Saturday. It was nice to be together again, and to open all those presents we had for each other!
5. On Monday I met up with a blogger friend and my two sisters and we held a waffle bake. We ate them with fresh cream and all kinds of fresh fruits! Mmmm, yummie, they were very light and crunchy, the best recipe ever!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)