About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Selections, The London Subway

Kim over at Frogpondsrock started a new photomeme called Sunday Selections.

This is what she says:
"I take a lot of photos and most of them are just sitting around in folders on my desktop not doing anything. I thought that a dedicated post once a week would be a good way to share some of these photos that otherwise wouldn’t be seen by anyone other than me."

The idea is to post some pictures which otherwise would never get published. It does not matter if you took them last week or two years ago, just add your name and URL to the Mr Linky and play along.


My daughter and I were on a little shopping trip to London ( England) just a few days before Christmas. Daily life in London would be nothing without the subway - it's literally the heart of the city - so I found it interesting to take pictures there too.
I will be posting more pictures of our little London trip over the next couple of days.







19 comments:

Colleen said...

This is a neat idea for a meme. I'll have to check it out.

I've only been to London once, but I loved it and would gladly go back.

These shots are wonderful, but the last one is my favorite. So artsy and so cool!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hi there! Pronouncing your name correctly whilst reading is going to take some time to get used to. :)

It looks like a lovely trip; judging from the first photo, the place lends itself to black and white photos because it has so much grey.

frogpondsrock said...

Great photos Jientje as usual :) Your daughter's expression in the second photo reminded me of my son David when we were in Melbourne and I took a zillion photos of everything.(especially him) I really like the last photo it even has the word atmosphere in it which I thought was apt. Thanks heaps for playing along with my first ever meme.

maryt/theteach said...

Hi Jientje, thanks for a glimpse of the London Subway. Hope you're doing well. :)

Marina said...

Good for you!!! You managed to go to London despite the snow...!

Mary said...

The escalator going down into the subway looks a lot more cheerful than the ones in Washington DC. When I'm on those, I feel like I'm going down into the bowels of hell. Very scary and depressing. Looks like a good time on the subway! :D

A Lady's Life said...

Nice thing to do travel and see people and not have to freeze in snow.

Jen said...

thanks for sharing this, sooo cool!

Nana said...

Ik hou niet van de metro. Gelukkig woon ik niet in Londen. :-)

Gattina said...

You made me homesick ! but I will there in the tubes in July !

Rob Siemann said...

Love the way you present your photos! Having lived in London for 6 years, I am kind of... Let's say, I don't see the tube anymore, even when I take it (does this make sense?). But I like seeing it through your eyes.

Loree said...

London keeps calling - I need to go back for a visit. And SOON. I keep coming across some aspect of London in so many blogs ... it must be a message :)

Unknown said...

These are great photos! I have sooo many photos! My son told me there are over 14 thousand on my computer, so I transferred then onto a mini hard drive....I hope that doesn't ever go bad...hehehe, I need to clean up those photos, I probably have doubles and triples of the same thing...but with my horrible memory, it is the only way I can remember 10 years ago!

MJ said...

Hi - Love the first one and the last one especially X

Unknown said...

Oh, those shots in the tube bring back such memories.

Avril said...

Perfect in B&W!! Love the first one!

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

What a neat idea!! I think I'll play. I have a ton of photos sitting around in folders too .. but tell me; how did you make the London underground look so CLEAN? ROFL!

Carolina said...

I love those shots of the undergrond. Especially the last one and the one with the man reading the newspaper in it.

We're neighbours you know.

I'm Dutch (and in the Netherlands) ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love your London subway shot!

Paz xoxo

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed