- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, February 25, 2011
Friday's Fave Five, Quality Time
It's THAT time of the week again, it's Friday! Time to look back upon the week that has passed and share some highlights. Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. There was a package in the mail for me. I was kind of surprised because I didn't order anything, so I checked the address and yes, it was for me, woohoo! Inside were two sets of two appetizer glasses which apparently I won in an online competition!
2. My computer which had been to the shop for repair ( since December?!) has finally been reinstalled. It's better and faster than the one I was working from up until now. When I got it back, it was completely "naked" and some of the programs needed to be reinstalled.
My brother in law was a great help talking me through all of this, it was a blessing to be able to turn to him for help!
3. A good night's sleep with fresh sheets on the bed. Somehow we always seem to sleep so much better when the sheets have been changed!
4. We went for a swim at the local swimming pool on Tuesday, and we're planning on doing this every two weeks!
5. My absolute favorite of the week: some extra quality time with my hubby. My husband had a quiet week this week, so we got to spend a little bit of extra time together.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ February (4)
- ► 2010 (198)