- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, March 4, 2011
Friday's Fave Five, Almost Spring.
It's the first Friday of March already. Spring is just around the corner. Time to join this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the story. Time to look back and share some of the highlights of this past week ...
1. Usually I meet up with my friend Nana at least once a month but this past week has been special because we we saw each other twice! We went shopping at Ikea last Friday and we spent a day as tourists in our own town on Wednesday.
2. We're both real coffee lovers and this one was a special treat. We ordered a "surprise coffee" and we got our coffee with four chocolates and a small glass of Elixir d'Anvers liqueur. Elixir d'Anvers is an old fashioned Antwerp liqueur still made today with the same ingredients from the original recipe from 1863.
3. Spring is just around the corner and nature is coming back to life again. These little pink dots are the female flowers of my Hazel shrub. They are so easily overlooked because we tend to only notice the catkins. I had never noticed them up until now!
4. The herbs in my herb garden are starting to grow again too. This is tarragon. It won't be long now before I can make a delicious Béarnaise sauce with it!
5. We've had a lovely week with lots of sunshine. Sunshine always makes me grab my camera, trying to capture that beautiful golden light. I think I managed quite well in this picture, didn't I?
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ▼ March (5)
- ► 2010 (198)