- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, August 19, 2011
Friday's Fave Five, Knights in Shining Armor
It's Friday again, time to reflect on the week that has passed and post about five favorite things from your week. Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, if you're looking for the rules, they're here.
1. There was a medieval festival in the historical setting of Horst Castle this weekend. Some of you may remember this castle from a header photo I used in the past. The castle is now being restored, so unfortunately it's a little less photogenic than it used to. But there still was enough to see and to photograph. A juggler, a torch blower, musicians ... all kinds of crafts ... knights in shining armor and people dressed up in medieval costumes ... lots of things going on to keep us busy all day!
2. My husband is MY knight in shining armor, and he loves to surprise me with little gifts. This time he bought me a DVD with the French movie " Rien a declarer?" It's a comic movie about the French and the Belgian border guards just before the borders between France and Belgium disappeared.
3. The library. I've been reading quite a lot lately - sometimes I read a book in only one day - so it's nice to be able to borrow my books from the public library in my community.
4. Eating outside on my patio is always a favorite of mine during Summer. The weather has not been terrible lately, but as long as it's not too cold, I just LOVE to eat outside. This week my friend Nana came over for lunch and it was a real treat to be able to sit in the sun for a change!
5. Home made ice tea. Nothing like home made ice tea. I add a few slices of lemon, and a cinnamon stick for a little extra flavor and some sweetener instead of sugar,this makes it a very refreshing low calorie drink.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- Midweek Blues, One More
- Macro Monday, Castle in the Background
- Weekly Winners, the Chateau
- Friday's Fave Five, Visiting a Chateau
- Street Views in Provence, Le Barroux, the Castle
- Midweek Blues, Music Maestro Please!
- Ruby Tuesday, at the Medieval Festival
- Weekly Winners, at the Medieval Festival
- Friday's Fave Five, Knights in Shining Armor
- Street Views in Provence, Le Barroux
- Friday's Fave Five, Fresh Herbs and Clean Floors
- Street views in Provence, Bonnieux (3)
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2010 (198)