About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bike City

These bikes are for rent in Antwerp. It is part of public transport. There are 82 bike stations all over the city of Antwerp.
You can buy a day-, week- or year pass online. A day pass will cost you 3€. Biking is free the first half hour, 0.50 € the next half hour and you can use the bike for up to four hours in a row.





I think the bike stations are rather photogenic!
Project 366 #47

9 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

I agree...very photogenic and nicely photographed!

FilipBlog said...

Amazing how a simple subject can result in such nice pictures.

Greetings,
Filip

Loree said...

Amazing - I wish we had something like that here.

Gattina said...

In Brussels it's the same now, only the bikes are yellow.

Unknown said...

Love this.

s.c said...

Looks good. I wonder how the bikes will look in another year.

maggie said...

Love this so much! What great shots, and how nice that there are so many bikes for rent.

Shubhi said...

India needs something like this! people in cities have sadly switched to motorbikes and that really messes up the air!

Very very pretty:)

spacedlaw said...

We has these in Rome for a short while. But the streets aren't made (aren't safe) for biking and the project was dropped after a short while.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive