- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, February 10, 2012
Friday's Fave Five, Cold Weather Comfort Food
The week went by much too fast! I can't believe it's Friday again!
Time to look back and share some of the blessings of the past week. Time to join Susanne's Friday's Fave Five at Living to Tell the Story...
1. My photographer's gloves I found at the weekly market. At least now my hands stay warm while I can still operate my camera.
2. The new Phalaenopsis hubby bought me. The other one has dropped all it's flowers, so I cut back the stem, but it's already starting to grow shoots. The new one is a lovely pink one with big flowers.
3. We made an early morning walk on Sunday. It was cold, but it felt good to be outside.
4. I made " hutspot", now that's real cold weather comfort food! It's made with green cabbage, onions, carrots and potatoes. You brown your meat first, remove it from the pot, drain the fat, and put the veggies and the potatoes in. Add some water, put the meat on top of the veggies and let it simmer until tender. Let it rest overnight.
5. Another fave of mine is Chili con Carne. I prepared it before we went shopping and let it simmer while we were gone. The hearty smell of that lovely stew was all over the apartment when we came back! It gave me the coziest feeling!
PS: I almost forgot! My photo of the day, project 366 #41
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- A Walk in the Park ...
- Shit Happens!
- Cutting ... chopping ...
- Friday's Fave Five, a Fabulous Week
- Middelheim Park
- Food, Glorious Food!
- What did you do this weekend?
- Weekly Winners, Love and Romance
- Weekend Reflection, The Canal
- Railroad in Antwerp
- Bike City
- Midweek Blues
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- What did you do this weekend?
- The Port of Antwerp
- Weekend Reflections, At the Arboretum 2
- Friday's Fave Five, Cold Weather Comfort Food
- "Our" Robin
- Midweek Blues, the Alwine
- The Marina, In the Snow ...
- The Weekend was Much too Short!
- Baby it's Cold Outside ...
- Weekend Reflections, At the Arboretum
- Even where you least expect it ...
- Midweek Blues, One More ...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)