- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, February 3, 2012
February already! It's been a wonderful week for me, lots of good moments and little things that made me smile. It's very cold, but the sun is shining brightly. It's Friday again, so it's time to look back upon the week that has passed. Time to join Susanne's Friday's Fave Five and share those simple blessings ...
1. My little baby camera, the Canon IXUS 115 HS. I finally bought the little baby camera I have wanted for so long. My Big Guy is still in the shop for repair. I got a phone call from the shop informing me the cost of repair is going to be € 220! Awww, this is definitely NOT a favorite! I hope I'll get him back real soon, and in the mean time I got my Little Guy to keep me company. I take it everywhere I go, and it's always within reach when I'm home! It does an amazing job, and I love it!
2. A very nice weekend, I wrote a post about it here. It was a very relaxed weekend, nothing spectacular. The photo walk at the arboretum was the highlight of the weekend. I took some beautiful pictures there with my bridge camera, some of which I still need to share in the upcoming days.
3. Snow. Yesss!!! We had S.N.O.W!!! Nothing major though, we did not have to get our snow boots or shovels out, that's why it's in my favorites. It was a very slight dusting, a little sprinkle, just enough to pretty things up a little. As a photographer I was over the moon, and I took my camera to the marina to take some photos of the boats dusted with a little snow. If you're interested to see the pictures, they're here.
4.Decluttering and cleaning my study and my desk. The weather was very bright yesterday, and the sun suddenly revealed how much dust there was around my desk! I like how fresh and clean it now is!
5. In the process of decluttering I found some stuff I had lost. Old snippets of forgotten recipes, I now have all my reading spectacles B-) and in one of the red boxes I keep on my top shelf I found the neckless I had bought at Macy's when I was in Chicago. I've never worn it since I got back, because I couldn't find it! I'm so glad I found it now!
6. This picture, I'm going to make it my photo of the day. I'm amazed how clear this photo is, considering I snapped this right through my kitchen window! It's "our" little robin visiting the feeder. I've been trying to capture a photo of him for a long time, but this little guy is as quick as a flash and I was never quite successful!
A special thanks to the big zoom on my bridge camera, the Canon SX1 IS.
Photo 366 #34
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- A Walk in the Park ...
- Shit Happens!
- Cutting ... chopping ...
- Friday's Fave Five, a Fabulous Week
- Middelheim Park
- Food, Glorious Food!
- What did you do this weekend?
- Weekly Winners, Love and Romance
- Weekend Reflection, The Canal
- Railroad in Antwerp
- Bike City
- Midweek Blues
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- What did you do this weekend?
- The Port of Antwerp
- Weekend Reflections, At the Arboretum 2
- Friday's Fave Five, Cold Weather Comfort Food
- "Our" Robin
- Midweek Blues, the Alwine
- The Marina, In the Snow ...
- The Weekend was Much too Short!
- Baby it's Cold Outside ...
- Weekend Reflections, At the Arboretum
- Even where you least expect it ...
- Midweek Blues, One More ...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)