About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, February 3, 2012

S.N.O.W!!!!


February already! It's been a wonderful week for me, lots of good moments and little things that made me smile. It's very cold, but the sun is shining brightly. It's Friday again, so it's time to look back upon the week that has passed. Time to join Susanne's Friday's Fave Five and share those simple blessings ...






1. My little baby camera, the Canon IXUS 115 HS. I finally bought the little baby camera I have wanted for so long. My Big Guy is still in the shop for repair. I got a phone call from the shop informing me the cost of repair is going to be € 220! Awww, this is definitely NOT a favorite! I hope I'll get him back real soon, and in the mean time I got my Little Guy to keep me company. I take it everywhere I go, and it's always within reach when I'm home! It does an amazing job, and I love it!

2. A very nice weekend, I wrote a post about it here. It was a very relaxed weekend, nothing spectacular. The photo walk at the arboretum was the highlight of the weekend. I took some beautiful pictures there with my bridge camera, some of which I still need to share in the upcoming days.

3. Snow. Yesss!!! We had S.N.O.W!!! Nothing major though, we did not have to get our snow boots or shovels out, that's why it's in my favorites. It was a very slight dusting, a little sprinkle, just enough to pretty things up a little. As a photographer I was over the moon, and I took my camera to the marina to take some photos of the boats dusted with a little snow. If you're interested to see the pictures, they're here.

4.Decluttering and cleaning my study and my desk. The weather was very bright yesterday, and the sun suddenly revealed how much dust there was around my desk! I like how fresh and clean it now is!

5. In the process of decluttering I found some stuff I had lost. Old snippets of forgotten recipes, I now have all my reading spectacles B-) and in one of the red boxes I keep on my top shelf I found the neckless I had bought at Macy's when I was in Chicago. I've never worn it since I got back, because I couldn't find it! I'm so glad I found it now!

6. This picture, I'm going to make it my photo of the day. I'm amazed how clear this photo is, considering I snapped this right through my kitchen window! It's "our" little robin visiting the feeder. I've been trying to capture a photo of him for a long time, but this little guy is as quick as a flash and I was never quite successful!
A special thanks to the big zoom on my bridge camera, the Canon SX1 IS.


Photo 366 #34

19 comments:

LivingforGod said...

I love your photos, especially the last one (robin). Sounds like you had a lovely week. Isn't it fun to find things you misplaced :)? I do need decluttering.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Faith said...

great pics and that last one is amazing! and isn't it a true blessing to find something that was lost?? enjoy your weekend!

Tara R. said...

So many wonderful photos. Your featured shot is very cool. The spiraling branches and the spiraling bird feeder are a nice combination, then the surprise of the bird among the limbs. Beautiful.

Avril said...

Little camera takes good photos Brr looks cold!! .. and here I am sitting in my swimming costume having had a lovely afternoon swim!!!

No boys this afternoon, as their dad fetched them from school .. "to give me a nice rest" as Connor said !! Funny boy!! But I do have them most of the weekend as their dad is working and Jeanette is doing a photoshoot in Mossel Bay which is near Port Elizabeth along the Eastern Cape coast.

Unknown said...

I love that last shot - the little bird is almost lost in the swirly, busy bunch of Nature in the background - it's kinda like trying to see a deer in the forest.

ellen b. said...

Love the little Robin shot. I'm glad you have a new little camera to keep you company while the big one is getting repaired. Ouch on the price of the repair!!
Hope you have another relaxed weekend...

Loree said...

that robin is absolutely adorable.

Carletta said...

Love the shot of the robin. Those curly branches give him a nice place to hide.
I've never participated in this meme but it gives me reason to think a nice collage of the highlights of one's week is truly worth thinking about. :)

Kathie said...

Nothing like a little snow to brighten up a drab winter day. We had our first snow (that stayed) this week - and the sun is coming out tomorrow. I have my camera battery charging and I'm planning pictures!

Love your little robin picture- he's tinier and more grey than robins here.

Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

maggie said...

Beautiful shots! I wish we'd get just a little more snow (other than the 30 minutes here and gone the other day) so that I could go out and play with my camera. :)

Willow said...

Those are lovely shots of the snow at the marina but they made me cold. It's great to have that little camera to take on jaunts when you don't want to lug the Big Guy around.
Have a great weekend!

Barbara H. said...

What a gorgeous photo of your robin!

I need to get to some decluttering, too. It's always fun to find unexpected things.

Gattina said...

Your baby camera works very well !
Yes you say it ! we are sitting in snow ! what a mess yesterday on the streets and highways !!!

Hope said...

I decluttered and cleaned out my desk and filing cabinet this week too! And found some forgotten things.

Have a great week!

Catherine said...

Your little baby camera is doing a wonderful job! Your photos are just beautiful, as always. I'm sorry that your big one is going to cost so much to fix.

That is the best kind of snow, for sure. It makes the world pretty, and no work.

I have been doing a lot of sorting out and de-cluttering. I did the linen closets and out pantry this week.

I hope you have a wonderful week.
-Catherine

fotorantje said...

oooh een roodborstje, zo leuk
ik kon vandaag m'n eerste roodborstje vastleggen :-)

Brenda said...

It certainly does look cold where you are!

So sorry about your camera, I hope you are reasonably happy with your new little one :)

Susanne said...

Love the last picture! That is a great little camera. Must be so convenient to just throw in your purse wherever you go!

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

Your baby camera takes very nice photos; I can see why you like it.

Thanks for sharing your last weekend with us. It was a photo essay of a day in the life of YOU! I found it interesting.

Wahoo! Decluttering has other benefits besides cleaning up and getting rid of things: you find lost items!

I'm also intrigued by your robin photo. It would look lovely blown up and hanging on the wall.

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive