About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Monday, February 20, 2012

What did you do this weekend?


I spent most of Saturday making preparations for the little anniversary dinner we were going to have later that evening. We've been together for 30 years since Wednesday and this called for something special. We had to go to the fish monger, the butcher and the supermarket to get all the necessary ingredients in the morning, and some serious cooking had to be done in the afternoon.
Below you see our second starter, the scallops with a tomato, saffron and basil vinaigrette.
I'll show the rest of the food pictures in a new post tomorrow.

We ate all our favorites, foie gras, scallops, sweetbread and a chocolate moelleux with ice cream for dessert. We drank a lovely Saint Amour with it, there was romantic music ...
My hubby even invited me to dance!



30 years later we're still as much in love as we were the first week we were together!


On Sunday, after breakfast we made a little photo walk in Middelheim Park which is now a bit chaotic because of the renovation works that are going on. We will definitely go back at the end of May when the works are finished. However I did manage to take a couple of photos. I'll do a post on that later this week.

Project 366 #51



But then hail began to poor down, so we had to return home early. I did a couple of small chores at the house, and we spent some time behind the computer editing the photos and preparing yesterday's Weekly Winners post. If you haven't seen it, it's here, I'm quite proud of it, and my hubby is very pleased with it!

10 comments:

Gattina said...

Happy anniversary ! you really spoiled yourself ! the park looks great !
We will celebrate 43 years this year !

PS. it's now the 3rd time I try the word verification ! impossible to read ! Why don't you turn it offf ?

Rob Siemann said...

Happy anniversary! May you live many many more!

Loree said...

Happy anniversary. It looks like you had a wonderful time together this weekend.

FilipBlog said...

Your food looks great. It seems your scallops only touched the pan for a few seconds, just like it should be. I have not heard yet of the Saint Amour wine, I hope you didn't have the red with the scallops.

Greetings,
Filip

fotorantje said...

proficiat Jientje en hubby!
na 30 jaar nog net als de eerste week samen, bijna niet te geloven

Carletta said...

Happy Anniversary!
I like the whimsical sculptures and look forward to seeing more of those.
Lovely capture of the glass of wine!
Cheers to you and your hubby!

Skoots1moM said...

i met my husband dancing...such a sweet anniversary celebration

MaR said...

Happy Anniversary!! and many, many more.
Love the sculpture of the little girl running among trees, beautiful!

Susanne said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Looks like it was a special, and delicious, celebration!

Pierre BOYER said...

Great sculpture...

Pierre

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive