- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Monday, February 20, 2012
What did you do this weekend?
I spent most of Saturday making preparations for the little anniversary dinner we were going to have later that evening. We've been together for 30 years since Wednesday and this called for something special. We had to go to the fish monger, the butcher and the supermarket to get all the necessary ingredients in the morning, and some serious cooking had to be done in the afternoon.
Below you see our second starter, the scallops with a tomato, saffron and basil vinaigrette.
I'll show the rest of the food pictures in a new post tomorrow.
We ate all our favorites, foie gras, scallops, sweetbread and a chocolate moelleux with ice cream for dessert. We drank a lovely Saint Amour with it, there was romantic music ...
My hubby even invited me to dance!
30 years later we're still as much in love as we were the first week we were together!
On Sunday, after breakfast we made a little photo walk in Middelheim Park which is now a bit chaotic because of the renovation works that are going on. We will definitely go back at the end of May when the works are finished. However I did manage to take a couple of photos. I'll do a post on that later this week.
Project 366 #51
But then hail began to poor down, so we had to return home early. I did a couple of small chores at the house, and we spent some time behind the computer editing the photos and preparing yesterday's Weekly Winners post. If you haven't seen it, it's here, I'm quite proud of it, and my hubby is very pleased with it!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- A Walk in the Park ...
- Shit Happens!
- Cutting ... chopping ...
- Friday's Fave Five, a Fabulous Week
- Middelheim Park
- Food, Glorious Food!
- What did you do this weekend?
- Weekly Winners, Love and Romance
- Weekend Reflection, The Canal
- Railroad in Antwerp
- Bike City
- Midweek Blues
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- What did you do this weekend?
- The Port of Antwerp
- Weekend Reflections, At the Arboretum 2
- Friday's Fave Five, Cold Weather Comfort Food
- "Our" Robin
- Midweek Blues, the Alwine
- The Marina, In the Snow ...
- The Weekend was Much too Short!
- Baby it's Cold Outside ...
- Weekend Reflections, At the Arboretum
- Even where you least expect it ...
- Midweek Blues, One More ...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)