- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, April 6, 2012
Friday's Fave Five, an Eventful Week
There is a lot that made me happy this week and I want to share it with you. That's why I'm joining Susanne's Friday's Fave Five, looking back upon the week that has passed and sharing some of it's highlights.
1. A dinner party and a lovely evening at our daughter Patsy's. Patsy secretly invited more family. My husband's cousin Hugo and his wife Hilda showed up as well and that was such a lovely surprise to us. Patsy is an excellent cook, her food looked as good as it tasted!
2. A big event in my town yesterday. There was an important bicycle race going on in my town yesterday. The 100th edition of the Scheldeprijs departed and arrived in my town. Of course, I had my camera clicking! The photos are here if you're interested.
3. The new plates I bought earlier this week. They look adorable and they match the pink and green bowls and cups I bought last year.
4. The new kitchen faucet my husband installed. It's on the top left of this collage and I'm very happy with it!
5. A postcard from Provence, France. Nobody seems to send you postcards anymore, but my friend Nana does! It's on my kitchen table now, and it makes me long for our own holiday there.
Project 366 #97
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- My Weekend in Pictures ...
- Sunday Selections, The Mas Museum Site
- Friday's Fave Five, Good Company
- Midweek Blues, Old Jaquar
- My Weekend in Pictures ...
- Happy Birthday Dad!
- What Happened?
- Error 99, Is This the End?
- A New Beginning ...
- My Weekend in Pictures, Easter Weekend
- Happy Easter!
- Friday's Fave Five, an Eventful Week
- In My Town, Yesterday ...
- Looking Back ...
- My Weekend in Pictures
- Happy Sunday!
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)