- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, April 27, 2012
Friday's Fave Five, Good Company
I missed last week's Fave Five because I was too busy getting everything ready for my house guests. It's one week later already, and I haven't posted yet, so I guess it's high time to look back upon the week and share some of it's highlights.Time to join Susanne's Friday's Fave Five!
I can't believe it's already the last Friday of April. The weather has been lousy around here, I've forgotten what it's like to be able to eat outside or bask in the sun! It's been cold wet, windy and dreary all month! Hopefully the month of May will finally give us some warm and sunny Spring days.
It's been a week with ups and downs. Ups because of the visit from my sister, downs because I'm worrying about my 19 year old cat Tisja. She has not been eating very well and she is getting rather weak. I changed her food and now she eats little bits a couple of times a day. I hope she continues to do so.
So anyway, on with the faves of the week ...
1. My sister and my brother in law stayed the weekend. It was great to be able to catch up on each other's lives, and hang out together. They arrived on Friday evening and stayed until after breakfast on Sunday. My sister is a very creative girl, and among other fun things, we experimented with Fimo clay to make a neckless.
2. The neckless I made later this week. I went to the craft shop on Monday to buy some Fimo clay and other stuff I need to make my own jewelry and made my first neckless all on my own. It's the purple one ( my favorite color ) on the bottom left of this collage, and I'm rather proud how it came out!
3. The new Weight Watcher's cookbook I bought. Lots of new recipes for me to try out, I love it!
4. My white Phalaenopsis is in bloom for the second time. I cut it back after it stopped blooming and pretty soon after that the new buds appeared. It is now in full bloom, lots and lots of pretty white orchid flowers, I never would have thought I could pull that off!
5. Extra time with my hubby. He is going to work from home two days a week from now on, and that means we get to spend more time together. This means I can cook for him and we get to eat together a lot more than I was used to before. I hate eating on my own, and usually don't bother to cook for myself, so this is definitely one of my favorites!
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- My Weekend in Pictures ...
- Sunday Selections, The Mas Museum Site
- Friday's Fave Five, Good Company
- Midweek Blues, Old Jaquar
- My Weekend in Pictures ...
- Happy Birthday Dad!
- What Happened?
- Error 99, Is This the End?
- A New Beginning ...
- My Weekend in Pictures, Easter Weekend
- Happy Easter!
- Friday's Fave Five, an Eventful Week
- In My Town, Yesterday ...
- Looking Back ...
- My Weekend in Pictures
- Happy Sunday!
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)