About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Weekend in Pictures


Inquiring minds want to know "what have you done this weekend?" This meme hosted by Gattina helps you to remember what you did on the weekend. I agree, weekends always seem to whiz by so fast, one tends to forget. That would be a pity because they're precious moments, worth remembering. That's why I love participate and look back on Mondays to share these moments with you. My weekend in pictures ...



There is no better way to celebrate the weekend but with a little Pastis on a cold and gray Saturday. This French aperitif is instant sunshine!



We were invited for supper by our daughter Patsy, so I made us a light salad with pink grapefruit and Roquefort cheese for lunch.


I made a dressing with the juice of the grapefruit and added a few drops of olive oil with chili pepper which we had bought at Oil and Vinegar the previous day.


As you can see, Patsy was over the moon with the olive oil gift set we had bought her. It contains the same chili pepper olive oil combined with another one from Italy. ( I forgot the name!)


Turned out we were not the only two guests in the house! Patsy secretly invited more family. My husband's cousin Hugo and his wife Hilda showed up as well and that was such a lovely surprise to us. We don't get to see them half as much as we'd like to and they're always such good company! Patsy is a great cook and she outdid herself this time. The scallops she made as a starter were to die for and we had salmon as a main course. Oh yes, her food was as good as it looks!

I'm glad I had my little baby camera in my purse, at least now we have a lovely momentum of a beautiful evening!

Sunday breakfast is becoming a tradition in my house, I want to make something special each week. It is no secret that I love to bake - even now when I'm still dieting - so this week I tried a new to me recipe from my Weight Watcher's cookbook. I made scones, and they were a treat!

I combined them with goat's cheese and smoked salmon as a savory treat and we ate the rest of them with jam, strawberries and a whipped cream for tea later in the afternoon.

Project 366 # 93

The weather was a lot brighter on Sunday and although it was still rather chilly, we did have sunshine and blue skies. My husband wanted to do some paperwork, so we stayed in. I spent the afternoon reading the weekend edition of the paper and blogging. In between that I took some photos on my patio practicing the manual settings on my camera.

Later that afternoon I prepared a turkey tajine for the next day and started supper.

I made a toast with pear and Camenbert as a starter, and salmon with lentils and sun dried tomatoes as a main course.
After that it was time to watch the Ultimate Dance Battle on television. I was very pleased to see that team Min Hee won again. I think that this choreographer works magic with her team!

4 comments:

momto8 said...

what a fabulous collection of pictures!!! lucky you...everything looks so fun!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
I came here from Gattinas blog.

Gattina said...

OMG ! with all these delicious looking food pictures I am sure that I put on 10 kgs only from the view !
You certainly had a nice weekend !

A Lady's Life said...

Oh boy I gained 10 pounds already lol
You had a great reunion with lots of treats.:)

fotorantje said...

hier passeren altijd de lekkerste dingen, is het niet bij jou thuis dan op verplaatsing :-)

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed