- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Monday, April 9, 2012
My Weekend in Pictures, Easter Weekend
Inquiring minds want to know "what have you done this weekend?"
This meme hosted by Gattina helps you to remember what you did on the weekend.
I agree, weekends always seem to whiz by so fast, one tends to forget.
That would be a pity because they're precious moments, worth remembering.
That's why I love participate and look back on Mondays to share these moments with you.
My weekend in pictures ...
I played the Easter Bunny on Saturday ...
My two sisters and two nieces gathered at my daughter Valerie's for a creative afternoon.
It had been years since we'd done anything creative together, so we all had a real good time. We made beads in artificial clay (it's called Fimo here in Belgium) to create our very own jewelry.
Project 366 #100
Here's what my neckless is going to look like. We're going to assemble them next week when we all meet at my parent's home for my dad's 80th birthday.
Hubbie and I stayed at Valerie's for supper and some good conversation over a glass of wine so we were home rather late in the evening.
We stayed up to watch Bird on a Wire with Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn. I fell asleep before the end of the film. *rolleyes* Needless to say I was in bed much too late!
On Sunday morning I baked fresh rolls and mini croissants for our Easter brunch.
We had fresh Belgian strawberries which I had bought at the weekly market. They were a treat!
In the afternoon I took a little siesta, because I was still very tired. I felt like a new woman when I woke up! So I took to the kitchen and made quails with apple and Calvados (which is quite an elaborate recipe) for supper and it tasted heavenly. After that we watched the Ultimate Dance battle on television and went to bed.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- My Weekend in Pictures ...
- Sunday Selections, The Mas Museum Site
- Friday's Fave Five, Good Company
- Midweek Blues, Old Jaquar
- My Weekend in Pictures ...
- Happy Birthday Dad!
- What Happened?
- Error 99, Is This the End?
- A New Beginning ...
- My Weekend in Pictures, Easter Weekend
- Happy Easter!
- Friday's Fave Five, an Eventful Week
- In My Town, Yesterday ...
- Looking Back ...
- My Weekend in Pictures
- Happy Sunday!
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)