A perfect week like this one just would not be complete without a collage of some of the highlights from it. That's why it's always a good idea for me to join Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and share five favorite things from the week that has passed.
1. Our daughter Patsy invited us for a little birthday dinner last Saturday. She's such a great cook, dinner at Patsy's is always a treat. She made a delicious pumpkin soup as a starter, and a roast of deer with salsify in a curry cream sauce. Yummmmmmmm!!
2. Sunday was such a beautiful sunny day, so we went out on a photo walk to try and capture the beauty of Fall. We had a rather unexpected photo opportunity when we met a falconer who was hunting for rabbits with a Harris Hawk. I was able to make some amazing photos of the man and his bird. Photos still need to be published, so come and see next week!
3. It was a bit of a slow week this week, no cooking lessons or ceramics class, which gave me a lot more time to spend behind my computer. I found some time to blog, and I just LOVED all the comments you gave me. It's great to get in touch with all of my friends again!
4. A Halloween market was held in my town on Wednesday evening.The whole town was decorated with pumpkins and skulls, the shop assistants were dressed up as witches and vampires, shops were open until ten ... It was a fun evening! Of course I was there with my camera, pictures are here if you're interested.
5. The Blue Tits around our house are already thinking of Spring. They were thoroughly inspecting the nest boxes on my patio this afternoon! The nest box on the bottom left of this collage is a new one my hubby bought as a birthday gift, and we repaired the other one, so there are two for rent this year. Let's hope they'll vacate one of them next Spring!