About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween in my Town





Halloween has become quite a commercial success over the last decade here in Belgium, and for the second year in a row a big Halloween event was held in my town yesterday evening. The shops were open until ten, and there was a Halloween Market at the market place. Of course, I had to be there with my camera ...




Some of the kids were dressed up and went from shop to shop trick or treating.
There was even an inflatable castle for the children.



The whole town was decorated with pumpkins and skeletons.




Shop keepers were dressed up as witches ... 











There were special treats on sale like pumpkin soup with spiders or these pretty Halloween muffins at the baker's shop.


I've never seen so many witches, and they happily posed for me.

some  sweet ....


some a bit evil ...



... and scary ones







6 comments:

fotorantje said...

ze hebben er werk van gemaakt bij jullie
leuke sfeerbeelden

21 Wits said...

What a fun time for all! I had no idea you celebrated Halloween too! I am a fan of Halloween, the fun, not too scary, and running around town to see and catch all the good witches! Those cupcakes are yummy looking too! Thanks for sharing these fun photos!

Gattina said...

And this year was the first time since 6 years that there was NOTHING in Waterloo ! Usually there is a Halloween party in the park and the houses decorated but this year .... Christmas decoration in the shops, they are crazy !

Loree said...

I am so glad that you took the time to take some photos to share with us. It looks like a fun event.

Carletta said...

What a fun post Jientje!
They really went all out didn't they! Looks like a fun evening.

...Our snow was early and caused by the East coast storm. Hopefully winter will hold off a little longer. I enjoyed it though. :)

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

Wow, those witches are all GREAT!

My favourite is the one I think of as the Terry Pratchett witch: all twinkly-eyed and draped elegantly in scarves. You call her the 'sweet' one!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed