- Antwerp, Belgium
- Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother, not a grandmother,I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll let you know in due time! Oh and um ... I am a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!
Heaven is in Belgium
Friday, April 17, 2009
Fave Five, Friends, Family and a Birthday.
Oh my!!! Friday ALREADY? Friday AGAIN?!!
I've probably said it before, and I'm sure you're all going to hear this from me again, but OH MY, that week has gone by so fast, you would not believe it! Or do you?
Yes ... well ... you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun!
And a fun week it has been, I almost do not know where to start!
1. Last Friday I spent a day on the town with my sister and a blogger friend of mine. All three of us love to take pictures, and we set out to do a photowalk in Antwerp. But we did not get very far. My sister and my friend met each other for the first time, so when we went out for a bite to eat at lunchtime, we had so much to discuss that we spent the rest of the afternoon just talking!
Needless to say ( but I'm saying it anyway) :-) we had a great time together and we're going to meet up again very soon!
2. Not only do I love to cook, I've had some fun baking this week as well! I baked Easter buns, ( they're small bread rolls with lemon zest and cinnamon.) I tried to shape them like Easter bunnies but they did not come out like bunnies at all! They were delicious, that's what counts, isn't it?. And then I also baked an apple pie for my father's birthday. A recipe I had almost forgotten all about until my father brought it up! It was his birthday on Monday, and we had all agreed to bake something home made for his birthday.
3. It's been a fairly good week, weather wise, so we had our Easter brunch outside on the patio. The Easter buns, straight out of the oven, some hot chocolate, real butter and some cheese. Heaven! The blue jug you see in the collage is one of my favourites too. It was a gift from my daughter, and I used it for my hot chocolate.
4. And then of course, the highlight of the week was my father's 77th birthday. It had been a while since we had all been together as a family. We had had a little bit of a scare when my mother had spent a day or two at the hospital earlier this week, but thank God by Monday she was home again and we could all be together for my father's birthday! As you can see in the collage, his birthday party was a success.
My mother has had some follow up tests on Wednesday, and we were all very relieved to hear there's nothing to worry about.
5. We did some gardening on the patio as well this week. Some of the old plants from last year needed potting, and we had bought some roses that needed to be planted ...
Because of the warm weather, I even had to water the plants for the first time this year.
I just love it when everything is so neat and thriving and colourful again ...
Find more Fave Five's at Susanne's at Living to tell the Story.
What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter
- ► 2012 (113)
- ► 2011 (56)
- ► 2010 (198)
- Sweetsauer's Photo Scavenger hunt.
- Quilly'sThree Word Thursday
- ABC in idioms, A and B
- Ruby Tuesday, Raindrops
- Macro Monday Apple Blossoms
- Weekly Winners, Don't Sit under the Appletree ...
- Around the World in 80 Clicks. Mama ...
- Fave Five, Life can be Beautiful ...
- Quilly's Three Word Thursday
- Anouncing a New Photo Challenge
- Rubies from Bruges. Again!
- Macro Monday Stop Bugging me!
- Weekly Winners Fun in the Kitchen
- Saturday Something ...? American Apple Pie.
- Fave Five, Friends, Family and a Birthday.
- Sepia Scenes meets Three Words Thursday
- Melli's ABC Challenge, Y and Z
- Ruby Tuesday An Apple a Day ...
- Macro Monday
- Weekly Winners, All Things Sweet ...
- You know ... I've been thinking ...
- Friday's Favourite Five
- Quilly's Three Word Challenge
- Melli's Alphabet Challenge, W and X
- Rubies from Bruges
- Fun Monday, Holiday in Provence
- Weekly Winners, Nothing Much ...
- Walk on ...
- Friday's Fave Five
- Sepia Scenes Spring in Antwerp
- Melli's ABC challenge U and V
- ▼ April (31)