About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quilly'sThree Word Thursday


Thursday is Quilly day ...
Each week, Quilly gives us three words to work with.
This week's words are: paladin, intransigent, & invidious
Click the links to find their definitions.




The door creaked as it budged and gave way. The rustling sound of the leaves on the floor behind it startled her. She felt a slight cringe in her stomach, but she knew she had to go through with this.

She closed the door behind her. The firm click of the latch marked the end of an era, and the beginning of a new one. Only for the briefest moment did she allow her mind to wander on what her life had been her like before she had chosen this new path. She blinked and shook her head as she tried to ban the memories.
She had put up with the invidious accusations of her quondam husband long enough. She could no longer abide his intransigency. It was his stubbornness that had driven the two of them apart.
She had given it much consideration, but then decided life was too short and too precious to waste it on a life without love.


Ever since she was a young girl, she had dreamed about what it would be like to meet her knight on his white horse. She had made up stories and fantasies of how handsome her paladin would look. She had often wondered what it would be like to share a life with a man who adored her.

How she had met him was sheer serendipity. It must have been some kind of a blessing to make up for her horendous past she thought. Such blessings are few she knew. She had always been brought up to believe paladins are extinct heroes that owe their existence to young maidens dreams. But now she had found him. Only a few more steps until she would feel his arms around her.


This was not a dream, this was real.

Or was it?



PS: I was not at all satisfied with the first version of this story, so I took the post down again to edit it. This still is not as fluent as I would like it to be, and I'm still not sure where this story is taking me to, but it's a start. Right?
Well ... at least I tried. And BELIEVE ME, I tried hard!!

12 comments:

quilly said...

Thic pictures are great! And the story really isn't all that bad. You've only given us the barest hint of what's to come. Don't give uop on it -- we haven't!

(Besides, you should see what I did to Copper this week!)

quilly said...

The -- the -- the -- the

THE pictures are great. My typing isn't.

Anonymous said...

This is much better! In story writing, it is important that we get inside a character's head and know what is going on, so we can relate.

And you are much more fluent than you give yourself credit for! Many native English speakers can't write as well as you do.

Raven said...

Well done! I believe! I love both photos, but the second is especially lovely and romantic. I think you did a great job.

Raven said...

Oops... I forgot to say I love a good love story! That was supposed to come after "I believe."

Dr.John said...

It is a grand story out of the three words. We are forced to think what does this paladin look like? Is he really a paladin? But most of all we want him to be perfect because we your readers believe in romantic love.

Anonymous said...

Well done Jientje. I so hope you continue this so we can find out what her paladin...The pictures were awesome as per usual :) I think you do great with these. Keep up the good work :)

bettygram said...

I am looking forward to reading about this romance. I would like to walk where the pictures have been taken.

Ordinarily Just Me said...

I really liked it. Any story that can make a person want to read more has something going for it. Don't take it down-expand upon it. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Jientje said...

@ Quilly: not all that bad, is just not good enough for me!
@ Quildancer: I have SO much to learn when it comes to story writing!! But I WANT to learn! It feels a little bit like dying each week, but I'm not giving up!
@ raven: thanks! You have such a way with words and writing yourself!
@ Dr John: But is he perfect?
@ Thom: I'll do my best, but this is tough for me!
@ bettygram: It's a very beautiful place, and thanks for the encouragement!
@ Ordinarily just me: Awwww, thanks a lot. Your comment motivates me to try even harder next week!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

I think it's a good start on what could be a really interesting story. I look forward to seeing where it leads. The photos are very well chosen to a 'story of old', a maiden and a paladin. Great choice.

Libby's Library said...

The last photo is fabulous!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

    Blog Archive