About Me

My photo
Antwerp, Belgium
Welcome to the new, and improved version of Heaven in Belgium. I am Jientje. "Jientje", like the boys name Gene, followed by "chu"? "Gene-chu", that's how you pronounce my name. Yes!!!!That's it!! So now you know huh? I am an addicted blogger. I was born and raised and am still living in Belgium. Yeah, the "this-is- Tuesday-so-this-must-be-Brussels" kind of Belgium .. There, you see? Maybe you couldn't find it on the map, but at least I'm trying to change that a little by sharing lots of pictures. I really love to cook and create new things, like this blog for instance. I am a mother,a grandmothe and a wife too! They say I'm a traveler, and a photographer. Well that's just what they say, I love to make pictures, but I am far from professional ... If my English is not perfect, that would be because it's my second language. I do hope you'll forgive me any possible misspellings or strange vocabulary ... Now, as a result of all of the above, I get way too little sleep and my days are always much too short!

Followers

Heaven is in Belgium

Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday’s Fave Five Melli and Mom and the lighthouse …

 

 

FFF fall leaves 2

 

Friday again.
Now where did that week go?
Never mind …

Where did three weeks go would probably sound more like it!

I made a Fave Five out of one of my photo walks with Mom and Melli today.

I got to visit
1.  Calvert Marine Museum 
including
2. the tour of the lighthouse which is famous for its
3. well kept antiques interior.
4. Melli bought me a very cute T-shirt I just LOVE wearing
and we had
5. a wonderful crab meal in the restaurant afterwards. Craving a Mojito after that meal lasted the whole tour! Honest! I wonder why … hmmm?


there were many more sweet memories from my stay at Melli’s home, but <i’ll get back to that later…
So much to do and only so many hours in a day …


Golden memories …

calvert Marina

 

 

More Fave Five’s posts at Susanne’s Living to tell the Story

17 comments:

Carletta said...

I KNEW you would have great pictures.
These are really wonderful!

Barbara H. said...

I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound! I'm looking forward to seeing more photos. I imagine it will take many days to sort through them!

The French Bear said...

MMMMMM crab, mmmmmmm, mojito, mmmmmm..... I am so happy you had a wonderful time. The photos are wonderful, more please!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

aspiritofsimplicity said...

OOh that sounds and look delish!!

Caution/Lisa said...

Is there anything your camera can't make beautiful?! You are so talented :)

Unknown said...

You are, as your husband said to me, an Artist. Truly. Your pictures are amazing - I love them so.

Wanda..... said...

Wonderful photos Jientje...I can remember watching my grandmother cook on a wood burning like the one in your photo! Glad you are home!

kayerj said...

love the collage. Can't wait to see more of your vacation

Maribeth said...

Oh I love Maryland Crabs! Glad you got to enjoy some during your visit!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Great photos :)

Eve said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Rest up and get over that jet-lag. I still love your pictures and enjoy seeing them here.

Melli said...

T'was fun indeed!

quilly said...

Looks like fun.

Islandsparrow said...

What a fun trip and how sweet to connect with Melli! I love the old woodstove.

Joyce said...

Glad you are home and had a safe journey and a fun one. Looking forward to all the photos of the trip real soon:)
Joyce

The Retired One said...

Wonderful photos of your wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing these with us!

Willow said...

As usual, your photo-essay shows us so much about your US visit! It's a wonderful thing to spend time with your friends, just doing what they do during their daily lives. Looking forward to seeing lots more photos!

What am I up to? Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed